Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sticking the big hog >

Sticking the big hog

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sticking the big hog

Old 02-27-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Sticking the big hog

any of you hunters bow the wild boar?

www.hoghuntingusa.com
Old 02-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Sticking the big hog

Just about ever weekend. Here are the last two from the last two weeks.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

A buddy of mine went hogg hunting last month with some other guy's ,they all took hogg's with their rifle's but he was determined to stick one with his bow .After everyone else had taken their hogg he finally had a 200lber come out to him ,so he stuck it with his arrow ,the hogg ran off and he was unable to find it, so he went back out of the bush to tell the other's that he was going to need help finding his hogg.
He returned with his shot gun with 1 shell in it ,after about an 1/2 hr of searching he found his hogg laying on it's side with it's tongue hanging out and it's eye's wide open .He walked over to it, he was quite pleased that he had found his first ever hogg with archery gear ,he tapped the hogg on it's rear and the hogg jumped up surprising him ,he shot at it at very close range and missed. This is when he dropped his gun and ran for the first tree he could find LMAO The other's could hear him yelling and ran to see what the heck was going on ,just to find him hanging from a tree and the 200lb hogg running around the tree below him with an attitude and grunting up a storm . They finally fatally shot the hogg dead and he finally could actually say he had a hogg LOL.He sure got his eye's opened .But the laughter never stopped till they dropped him off at home ,he said all he could see were the tusk's and the sound of this pi--ed off hogg ,it sure scared the crap out of him .

I just thought you guy's could use a good laugh on a Monday morning

nubo LOL
Old 02-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

John.

Thats almost as funny as the bull moose story you told me
Old 02-28-2005, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

nubo
Thats funny. I can attest to the fact that hogs can make a wicked noise. I have traped and tied up 300 + lbers and it is not an easy task . It takes about 4 guys and the hog can throw you all over the place. The real hard part is keeping away from their cutters. I have a friend who does a lot of trapping and he has a scar down his leg that took over 200 stitches to close. They are pretty impressive creatures. Im headed out agian this weekend to stick another.