Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Arrows sticking? >

Arrows sticking?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrows sticking?

Old 06-23-2003, 11:37 AM

Default Arrows sticking?

Yesterday was my first 3d shoot ever, and I had a great time. The only thing put a damper on things was my arrows were very hard to pull out of the targets. The other guys arrows that I was shooting with, werent' nearly as hard. Mine were the only ones that were camoflaughed, would that make a difference? I have read once before about using some soap to help with easier removal? Does anyone have any other ideas or what kind of soap to use? Thanks in advance.

LAHUNTER
Old 06-23-2003, 11:45 AM

Default RE: Arrows sticking?

wax the arrows or use vasoline on the first third of the arrow.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:06 PM

Carry a small bar or piece of soap run it on 1st 3" of shaft before each shot. It' s all I use never have a problem pulling. It also prevents getting in a rush, for me any way. Try it not as messy as grease (vasoline) and real inexspensive.Hope this helps!!
Old 06-23-2003, 02:12 PM
Typical Buck

Smooth/shiny and camo arrows are a real pain to pull out of 3D targets. I Shoot uncoated (dull finish) arrows for 3D and they pull out much easier than the guys with the coated arrows (i.e Beman ICS hunters).

Another thing you can do is to put on an oversided tip. This punches a larger hole in the target and limits penetration a bit.

I shot 3D this weekend and did not need arrow lube once.
Old 06-23-2003, 03:03 PM

Maybe try string wax, since you already have it in your bowhunting supplies.
Mike,-
Old 06-23-2003, 03:24 PM

If they are beaman camo hunter' s forget it. I don' t care what you put on them they ain' t comin out easy. Made my 3D partner buy different ones cause they were too hard to pull out... told him to put those camo ones away until huntin season...
Old 06-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

car wax
Old 06-23-2003, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

My father-in-law uses this neat little tool. It looks like a small peice of PVC pipe (approx 12in) with a hole cut the size of an arrow in one of the end caps. Inside is a sponge material that also has a hole the size: a bit smaller than the arrow in it. The sponge then is wet (not saturated) with liquid silicone (should be able to buy it at any hardware store). Check between brands, but most good silicone should be virtually scentless if you were going to use the same arrows for hunting.

You then insert the field point tip of the arrow in the hole at the one end, thus coating the tip and part of the shaft in a very thin layer of silicone. One coat should last you for about 4 or so shots per arrow.

The arrows are sooooooooo easy to pull out after the initial coating.

Also, invest in a nice Arrow puller.

This seems to work quite well for him. Try it out.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just another idea,ivory dish soap.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:24 AM

KY Jelly.

Quick Reply: Arrows sticking?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.