Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dead deer in public view???

Old 11-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dead deer in public view???

ORIGINAL: WT.fanatic

well red then you better stay out of michigan during the deer hunting season we still have buck poles in most towns and most people enjoy checking out the days kills, and as well you can see stories in all the media about hunter success stories.
He is right im from michigan and like he said theres articles about succes with pictures of the deer and you will see many people at the deer check in stations just watching to see who got what. I think hunters should not be discouraged to show pride in their sport. I for one like to see the big bucks that get taken. If people were required to cover up there game you'd never know if the big deer you were trying to kill was killed by a different hunter. and with what your saying isnt roadkill basicaly the same its a dead deer if the public what are you do about that make it so people are required to go out and pick up every animal hit???
Old 11-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

In the two states where I do most of my hunting, someone does go pick up all the dead deer on the hiway. Thats because people don't like seeing them smeared on the hiway.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:12 PM

No matter what you do people aren't going to like it. I am frowned upon for having tattoos by some, but that doesn't make me go get the removed. Not everyone can afford to have a full size truck with a topper on it to transport kills. Whena big game animal is killed it is difficult to conceal for some people and that is difficult.

What's next making it against the law to display hunting related decals on the window of your truck?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Dominant Buck

Red Allison,
I hope nothing I said offended ya. I was just joining in the conversation for something to do. I bring my game home inside of my SUV. Then...I carry it to the back yard which has a privacy fence surrounding it. It's hot in Florida so I get right on it. I'm actually more offended with the loud boom boxes in the neighborhood but I have enjoyed the reading.
Chuck7
Old 11-27-2005, 04:18 PM

well, for me hunting is about the hunt, and of course learning to supress buck fever! If the joy of hunting comes from showing off your 'kill', then maybe you're not doing it for the right reasons, or hunting is getting to boring for you in the field. that being said... I definately don't parade my deer but i'll move to from car to back yard or wherever without hiding it, I just don't drive around with a bloodied animal hanging out. Toss a tarp over it or something. Just my $.02
Old 11-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

He is right im from michigan and like he said theres articles about succes with pictures of the deer and you will see many people at the deer check in stations just watching to see who got what.
You do understand that people are at the check station because they WANT to see the dead deer and who got what? It's a little different than being on the road and someone passing you with a dead deer strapped to the trunk of their car.

and with what your saying isnt roadkill basicaly the same its a dead deer if the public what are you do about that make it so people are required to go out and pick up every animal hit???
Entirely different. There is no intent on displaying roadkill. It's like driving by and seeing a car accident where you can see the victims being attended to. Nobody really wants to see it but it's there sometimes unfortunately. Parading a dead deer around intentionally is a different matter. It could (if desired) be avoided.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: xeniabuck

I dont know about all of you, but isnt that part of the hunt..showing off your deer? lol. Let them anti-hunters say what they want, they can kiss our asses. Maybe if they had something to do, they would forget about getting rid of hunting. Just a though
I hear ya.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

occasional 1 or 2 week season that so many of you yanks have up there. Don't give me that, "Boy you don't know what you are talking about crap" ok?

The rednecks are just beligerant and could care less about anything but their own miserable lives.
RA

Hey numbnuts. NY hunting season starts inOCT and runs through DEC. Correct me if my redneck math is wrong but that`s more than 1-2 weeks. As far as my miserable live goes your nuts. I happened to take my 5 yr old and 9 yr old out hunting tonight and my non toothless wife. It`s a family tradition to hunt.My wife was in an anti family until I took her out.I`m no doubt a redneck but all the comments you make are stereotypical. I guess you watch to much Blue Collor TV. I`ll agree there are some people that do things wrong in hunting but I`d say they are poachers not rednecks. Again you might get people to agree with you if you weren`t being racist(calling poeple yanks/rednecks). Please come hunt Canastota with us. open invite. Oh yeah I did shoot acrotch horn this year but I put meat on my families table(they love it). The buck went on a $8000 four wheeler to a tree behind a $200,000 redneck owned house.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Keep your trophy sharing to friends and family. This is no different than some jerk who you pull up next to at a stop light that has his tunes blasting so everyone can hear what HE thinks is great music.

I personally love to see others success. HOWEVER, I have a 5 year old niece that I hope will take up hunting with me some day. But I know that if tomorrow she were to see a dead deer carcass she would have a melt down and there would be one less hunter in this world permanently.

Please don't turn my niece off of hunting. Be respectful of others feelings.

[/align]
Old 11-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

The rednecks are just beligerant and could care less about anything but their own miserable lives.
Hey Red what's up with the constant name calling??????????? You have issues that need to be dealt with! Your the one who started this post off with all the name calling so why wouldn't you expect it back????

Just about what I expected
If this is what you expected then why did you start start this thread in the first place???

Quick Reply: Dead deer in public view???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.