Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Problems with Wife!

Old 11-04-2005, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Problems with Wife!

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Send her on a cruise while you are at camp. Tickets are cheap enough and there are plenty of places that she might like to see. The Titanic comes to mind. I hear they are still running that trip to the North Atlantic. Edmund Fitsgerald also sails out of the Great Lakes.
It could always hit an iceburg [&:]

Old 11-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's awesome Mike, glad it worked out for you. Now you can have a good time hunting instead of being stressed out the entire time. Good luck
Old 11-04-2005, 08:32 AM

LIFE IS TOO SHORT FOR UGLY WOMEN AND LOW-GRADE DOGS ![8D]
Old 11-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Women that don't work get bored, and they take it out on their spouse. I've seen it bunches of times, and I wouldn't have a woman that didn't work. I'm not talking about women that have illnesses and can't work, just your ordinary sit around the house, no public job, nothing better to do than harass their husbands kind of woman. Put her to work or trade her on a working model.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man, some of you guys can really dish it out.... [&:]

VirginiaMike comes on here asking a question and gets pummelled to the ground with slams and insults! [:'(]

I understand where you're coming from. I've been married for 20 years and during those first 15 or so years, I didn't hunt nor own a firearm. Hey, I was in the military and never really had the time anyways... Now that I retired, I have the time and now own the necessary firearms and bows.

My wife understands hunting, but doesn't want to go hunting with me. She won't even go shooting with me either. She's not an ANTI or anything, it's just that she has no interest in guns and bows or shooting and hunting, etc... It's cool... She has her thing and I have my thing. She always plays bingo on Sunday nights with friends (you won't EVER mind me in a bingo hall... sorry... I got pride and can't do it! [:'(]) Just like you won't ever see my wife with decked out in camo sitting up in a treestand. It doesn't interest her. I like going hunting and she likes going to bingo - it is our own little private time away from each other.... you know what I mean. And it works out great. We are still happy as ever and have a great marriage.

Now for major problems.... take a look at my wife's younger brother. He also got into hunting and has a shotgun. His wife is absolutely so freaked out and over-the-edge about his hunting and his shotgun, that she makes him strip it down (completely take the barrel off) and leave the chamber open, along with a cable lock on it!! He has to stash it in his case (also locked) up in the ceiling tiles of his downstairs basement, just so she won't have to see it. She is an extreme ANTI and goes wild anytime he wants to go hunting. We have all told him to split from her and get out from under her thumb, but he can't do it for some reason. [:'(][:-]

Old 11-04-2005, 10:24 AM

Alright Guys,

I did as most of the board recommended and just told her, again, how important this is to me and that she was going to have to get over it. I did it a little nicer than most of the posts asked for, but she got the point just the same. It turns out she was angry about a totally different thing with her Mother and took it out on me all week. Thanks for all of the advice. Kybuckhunter, sorry for the angry reply. It's easy to lash out when we are in tough situations. Sounds like we are live pretty similar lives. I also have 2 kids. I got up this morning and my wife was folding all of my hunting clothes the SHE had just washed in no scent detergent. I will be in the woods this evening and tomorrow morning.
Glad things are working out for you. One thing I learned when dealing with females is that 75% of the time their complaint is only barely related to what's really eating them. You have to dig down deep and find out what the real problem is, and at the same time remain composed and don't go all off on her for making you play Sherlock Holmes.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:11 AM

Glad you got it worked out but there is still one problem. I would tell her that you do not appreciate her taking something out on you that didnt have anything to do w/ you in the first place. Im sure she has already apologized but if not, make her realize that what she did was wrong. Not trying to sound like a dick but it's just RESPECT.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:47 PM

Sorry about that Va. Mike, I've heard it only gets worse. You need to break'em in early, my fiancee is bringing home the bread while I'm taking a break from work (a few months). They've faught so hard for equal rights well lets give it to them.Get that B.P. ready and will see your pics on here soon. Good Luck!!!

P.S. For my future father-in-law I'm back to work and done hunting!!!
Old 11-05-2005, 02:49 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats Mike!!
Appears that all you needed to do wasspeak your mind. Good luck hunting!!
Old 11-05-2005, 05:37 AM

I don't seem to have that problem.My missus is glad to get rid of me!!! Actually, she is quite relieved that I'm not the boozing type or spend all weekend playing golf.

My problem is TIME.

Quick Reply: Problems with Wife!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.