Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Problems with Wife!

Old 11-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Problems with Wife!

ORIGINAL: IL Hunter

That is a total downer. When I get married there will be an understanding that this time of year I will be in the field a lot. My girlfriend who I currently live with is very understanding of me going out for a long weekend with the boys and hunting. Your wife should have known this going into it.

There is no reason you should quit hunting you'll jsut end up being angry with yourself.
Hey, IL Hunter...make it legal and see if she still feels the same way!

Heh.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

dump her
Old 11-03-2005, 05:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Virginia Mike

Hey Kybuckhunter,

How long have you been divorced and who is that guy raising your children. If you don't have anything to say that might help, Piss off! I'm sure in your little world things are just that simple. Just like you!
THERE IS A FLAG ON THE PLAY ..WE HAVE A 15 YARD PENELTY ON THE BLUE FOR ILLEGAL USE OF THE MOUTH !

Old 11-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Dominant Buck

[:@][:@][:@] Never give up ![:@][:@][:@]
She can either grow up and accept that hunting is important to you , or shut the hell up . I count myself fortunate that my wife has no probs with it and has even expressed a slight interest , yours sounds like she will never accept it .
Take a stand , don't back down .
Old 11-03-2005, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Virgin Mike I mean Virginia Mike.....I have been married one time and it's been 13 years now and I have two kids. I know guys like you and they are all the same. They are scared to death of their wife. Your a big boy and you shouldn't have to get permission to go hunting from your wife. I do believe you have to balance your family life and your hunting. I go on vacations with the family and do activities with the kids. I even took my 10 year old daughter on her first deer hunt this year and she killed a good 9 pointer. My wife wasn't real happy that she wants to hunt be she understands what it means to me.

You can come on here and sob and hope to find comfort in the hopes you find someone else on here that's in your shoes but don't get mad at me for stating the truth. If you and your domineering wife have trouble go see a councilor or do something that will let you work this out or your destined to live a miserable married life. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh by the way Mike...I didn't go hunting tonight because I went to see my 10 year old daughter receive her black belt in taekwondo. Also I'm off for three straight weeks and I can hunt any day I want. My family is first but I hunt extremely hard this time of year and they understand this time of year is special to me.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not knowing your situation,I'd say take a stand.Offer to take her with you.Talk it out.I'm lucky,I told my wife this is what I do before we married and she know's I'm going.The only thing this year she put her foot down about this yearis I had to take my grand daughter once.I just smiled and said"sure".
Old 11-04-2005, 02:40 AM
Typical Buck

wow, that must really suck to be in that position...it's not really fair that she'd do that to you or y'all's marriage.
she knew what she was getting into when y'all were married and if she truly loved you she wouldn't want to take something that means so much to you away from you.
can you get her out in the woods? maybe she can video or take pics...maybe y'all could go somewhere for a couple weeks and make it a family thing.
i love my husband but if he tried to take huntin' away from me then i'd be contacting my attorney...my husband introduced me to the sport and now that i'm a full fledged addict there's NO WAY i'm giving it up...it's all his fault that i'm a huntin' freak so he'll have to accept it or move on....but we don't have kids so it's not that easy for everyone.
i really hope that both y'all get some counseling because it would be ashame for her selfishness (no offense) to destroy a family....i mean you only get a couple months out of the year to hunt and you should be able to do that...she has you at home with her the rest of the year and should be thankful...i'm sorry if i've urked ya with my opinion...it's not my intention...i just think you as a man and hunter deserves someone who will support you and the sport you love so much....best of luck to both of you and hopefully y'all will come up with a compromise which will work for both of y'all.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:34 AM
Typical Buck

My wife didn't really grow up in a hard core hunting family like I did. Her dad rifle hunted deer about 3 days a year and that was it. When we were dating she used to get upset when deer season rolled around and I went hunting instead of on a date with her. She used tojoke that the only way she could get any attention from me in deer season, would be to grow a set of antlers!She got used to it over time. She started to see how much it meant to me and my family. I talked many times with her about how it helped strengthen family ties, and how it wasn't a competition. I don't think she believed me when I told her that, given the power to choose, I would choose for my Dad to shoot a trophy deer before I did.

Fast forward 10 years..we have 3 children and my wife hunts with me. I do balance hunting and family. She knows that come September 15th...my time starts to be taken up with hunting. She also knows that throughout the rest of the year, I'm pretty much game for whatever she wants to do. If you're spending massive amounts of time hunting during season, and yet refusing to give her time the rest of the year, you need to look at what it is that's distracting you during the off season. Regardless of what some others have said, most marriages require a lot of work, or they aren't going to be good ones. If you are being responsible to your family in the off season, you need to let her know just how unhappy you are. Explain how much hunting means to you....have you ever tried to sit down and put into words what it does mean to you? Maybe you're having trouble communicating those needs to her. If she still doesn't buy it, you have some deeper issue that's hurting your relationship. That issue needs to be resolved or your marriage will not last.

Talk to her....it usually works.

GH
Old 11-04-2005, 03:56 AM

I wound up blessed with a wonderful woman, whose father hunts, even though she isn't crazy about venison. Two weeks before we were married, she left me speechless one day by saying, "I want to learn how to bowhunt." Once I scraped my jaw off the carpet, I responded the only way I knew how--"What???" She repeated what she said. I repeated my answer, as I took off my glasses. She said it again. By this time, I had managed to regain my senses, and said, "Okay!"

Later on, she said that she would have to fast for a few days before killing a deer, just to get the urge to hunt to the surface. However, she has no problems with my hunting . . . okay, she may have a problem with listening to me fume over and over about how a deer faked me out the previous weekend, but she doesn't get mad with me going hunting.

I thank God every day for bringing us together.

Quick Reply: Problems with Wife!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.