Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What's your favorite way to despense scent?? >

What's your favorite way to despense scent??

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's your favorite way to despense scent??

Old 10-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What's your favorite way to despense scent??

Cut peices of a tee shirt in small (four by two inches) poor the desired scent in a ziplock back and place the peices in the bag. Use one as a drag and hang several around my stand
Old 10-31-2005, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

i use about 6 tinks sent bombs... made me some steel hangers from old clothes hangers to hang them in any tree iw ant to...
Old 11-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Typical Buck

About the handwarmer idea...I know somebody that tried out their own little contraption last year involving handwarmers. I don't know if he had much success with it though. He basically made a scent bomb with it....I think he used a spray paint can top. Put the handwarmer in the bottom and used a perferated partition to place on top of the handwamer and placed scented cotton balls on top of the partition and hung it on a tree. I've actually been meaning to talk to him about it and/or try it out for myself this year. It seems like a good idea to me.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:52 AM

I find that when I pee on a bush that spreads my sent quite nicely . . . get maximum coverage that way.

But if you mean Deer piss well, I hang those little felt strips about 6/7 feet in the air near a scrape. I also put a few at the four corners around by blind to be sure any of my scent has a bonus scent floating with it.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:49 PM

If you soak a string, put scent on a piece of cloth, or however you dispense your scent, do you use it day after day or once and throw it all away? Scent gets old, just wondering how long it lasts once it's in use, can you just add more scent day after day or do you have to throw everything away each day? Just wondering, thanks.

Paul
Old 11-01-2005, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like to dispense my scent under the covers at night, and then waft it towards my wife.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:38 PM

cotton balls or rolled gauze saturated with scent , you pull it out alittle and place them in up wind shooting lanes in used 35 mm film containers when done push it back in and cap it good and ready for the next hunt!
Old 11-02-2005, 02:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like to lean over to the left and lift my right leg.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I guess I'll be the first ...

Unscented tampons , they hold a lot of liquid and they're much cheaper than scent wicks or bombs . They even come with a handy string to tie them to branches . If you accidentally leave them behind they're even biodegradeable .

An added bonus for me is that while shopping for them I get to screw with women's heads for amusement . I always buy the cheapest ones , but there's nothing funnier than asking advice from passing women such as:

1) Excuse me , but are these the most absorbent ones you can buy ?
2) How well does this brand work compared to ...?
3) Do these swell a lot ?
4) Super , medium , or light days , whatta you think ?
4) Do you prefer these to pads ?

You can have lots of fun this way because women get amazingly uncomfortable discussing them , especially with a man . BTW , the pads work great too , just wrap them around a branch and add scent . I also like to wrap them around a "shake n' bake" type handwarmer on really cold days to keep the scent from freezing and to better disperse the scent .