Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Your favorite deer in rut scent ? >

Your favorite deer in rut scent ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your favorite deer in rut scent ?

Old 09-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Your favorite deer in rut scent ?

What brand of deer scent do you use and why ? I went in this store the opther day and there must have been 50 different kinds, how do you pick one ?
Do they really work or are they just another gimmick to gut a hunters money ? I saw of all things a cough supresser ! In 50 yrs never had a need for one.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Your favorite deer in rut scent ?

My favorite is a big green field or corn field that attract the does. During the rut where the girls are......................
I think some of the gimmic stuff is close to being worthless and the sellers/developers of the stuff spend their time trying to develope more stuff to sell. Everybody wants an edge to kill a big buck and they usually go to their billfolds to try and get it.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a huge fan of any of the Doc's scents. I have used most of them and I must say they are the best I have ever used. They are some what regional so if you need some more information I would be glad to pass it along to you!
Old 09-19-2005, 04:52 AM
Fork Horn

I mostly use Tinks 69,my buddy shot a deer 2 years ago that had his nose straight out and walking a bee line to his scent.Of course he never made to the scent container.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Early season I prefer Kirschner's Curiousity Lure while during the rut I prefer Mrs. Doe Pee doe in estrus urine.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:50 PM

I have mixed reviews about them. I killed a buck a couple of years ago while using the Tinks 69 inscents. He stood there smelling the smoke.

I like James Valley scents. These pics came from the same mock scrape that i made with James Valley.

This one was looking up at a scent dripper with the scent that comes with it. If you look up at the branch, you can see the dripper.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me tinks 69
Old 09-19-2005, 11:43 PM
Spike

Pk Rickards Indian Bure Lure. My last 2 bucks came right to it.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cardeer manure lure
Old 09-20-2005, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

My favorite is a big green field or corn field that attract the does. During the rut where the girls are......................
yeah good point. i plan on trying some of the tinks 69 though. it seems like a pretty good lure and everyone seems to like it.

Quick Reply: Your favorite deer in rut scent ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.