Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What's your favorite way to despense scent?? >

What's your favorite way to despense scent??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's your favorite way to despense scent??

Old 10-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What's your favorite way to despense scent??

well??? i've heard alot of different ways but what has worked the best for ya'll???
Old 10-30-2005, 08:21 AM

Default RE: What's your favorite way to despense scent??

Pee Wille wick
Old 10-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

cottonball
Old 10-30-2005, 05:32 PM

Using the tarsal glands and putting them under your boot laces like a tassel and walking in like that plus I add some tinks on the trees around me.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try one of these units by Therma-Scent.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/vertical-pod3.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&rid=&i ndexId=cat600355&navAction=push&navCount=1 &parentType=index&parentId=cat600355&i d=0033121
Old 10-30-2005, 08:50 PM

Putting a few drops in an expected shooting lane on a log or branch or something and then hanging wicks all around me in shooting lanes.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:10 PM

Wat i do is i tie an old black automotive shop cloth (like the kind u can buy in bags from autozone) to my ankle, put ur scent on the rag, and walk to your deerstand. Once you get there, walk a circle around shooting lanes near your stand then walk around your stand. When i get to my tree stand though i usually take it off my foot so i dont get hung on the tree or ladder and fall off thatwould suck. Try that out it works for me.

RHL

[/align]
Old 10-31-2005, 02:01 PM

Well my grandfather used a nose spray bottle. after he used i he would take the top off ,wash it ,then pour whatever sent he was going to use.it seemed to work ok. on his way to the stand he would stop and spray a few puffs on low branches .
Old 10-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

I don't use alot of scent but I thought I would pass on a little bit of information about a scent string I used several years ago. It's basically a cotton string in any length that is saturated with a doe in heat urine. You can lay the string on the ground as you approach your stand in an effort to lead a buck that crosses it right to your stand. I watched a small 6 point cross the line one morning and he immediately put his nose to the ground and took off running like a beagle on the trail of a rabbit right down the string. The only problem was he ran the wrong way! I only used it once or twice but I've been meaning to try it again. Under the right conditions I think it would work fantastic.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

have any of ya'll tried putting scent in one of those hand warmers??? i've heard that helps despense the scent alot better in cold weather.

Quick Reply: What's your favorite way to despense scent??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.