Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DNR in your state

Old 10-26-2005, 09:33 PM

Default DNR in your state

Are you guys satisfied with the way the dnr controls the deer population in your home state?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: DNR in your state

I think that ours panders to the trophy hunters a bit too much , other than that I think they do a fine job .
Old 10-27-2005, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

To sum up the Michigan DNR in a word....absolutely horrendous...ok...maybe two words. I hunt in the UP but the DNR is headquartered in the downstate portion so we really get the shaft as far as regulations go. They are completely opposed to any kind of registration so they have absolutely no clue as to how many deer are actually being taken each year and the numbers they come out with are hilarious. There is no herd management to speak of as far as antler restriction and very little doe harvest so the buck/doe ratio is all out of whack. The conservation officers are only out in the woods to write tickets, not to help anyone out. There is always the assumption that you are doing something wrong if you are in the woods, and they are bound and determined to find it. One extra bluegill in your pocket is their chief concern, not promoting and encouraging people to get outdoors. Just a joke.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wisconsin DNR...What a Joke!!!!!!!![:'(]
Old 10-27-2005, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

no, virginia dept game and inland fisheries needs to allow more taking of does. period, end of story. why oh why would you allow only bucks to be taken on one side of the mtns and not on the other in muzzleloader? do you know how many does I could kill in smokepole if I could?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

Illinois took a huge turn for the worse this year (IMO) by going to a phone-in check system for all deer. Not really their fault as our Governor has cut alot of state jobs in all Departments.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:45 PM

i think IL is doing a great job so far. asuming that they don't go to the 4pt restrictions like most states. in my opinion that is just stupid along with a gun season more than 10 days. having such a short gun season is the key to IL's good deer #'s along with the good ethical hunters. shooting good bucks and managing their herds.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:06 AM

I think the Ohio DNR does a very good job. I just wish they would expand the urban zone another 5 miles in my direction!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm happy with ours!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Alabama allows among the highest legal harvest numbers in the U.S. as you can take two deer per day over about a 100 day season. At least half of them have to be does, and our over population is still growing. Only major change I would like to see would be opening the season the same days as now and having the first 30 days as doe season and then tack on three or four weeks of buck and doe in February. Our rut is just getting good the end of January when the season goes out.

Quick Reply: DNR in your state

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.