Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

hunting in new england

Old 09-15-2005, 05:22 AM

Default hunting in new england

New to the area. looking for a club or land to lease in Mass., NH, or maine
Old 09-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hunting in new england

I've hunted in Ma, NH,&Me I have not heard of any leases,but thats not to say there isn't any.There are alot of hunting camps in Me. (we stay at Dads Camps in Howland,Me.) then hunt public land in the area. they also have private land that can be hunt on also.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

There may be leases available but that would be the exception, not the rule. Unlike other states, there is more public land available up here. I hunt Maine/NH and most folks hunt private land where they get landowner permission or public land. I would check out the Mane/NH web-sites. You should find info there that would be helpful. Good Luck!
Old 09-15-2005, 11:32 AM
Fork Horn

Also there are newsletters that have a lot of camps in them.the Hawkeye paper is one particular paper that I read (its free a some wamarts and gun shops) and a lot of hunting and fishing info in it.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:44 PM

As far as Maine hunting land goes...More than likely the land that wjsmall97is referring to around howland is private land not public per se. Most all of the public land in Maine cannot be hunted upon. The vast majority of Maines open hunting land is large landowners ie. paper co.'s and mills. We are very lucky for the most part to have many of these large landowners give us hunters open access. That being said we must remember that this is a privilage, not a right. These companies and individuals can always revoke that unfettered access that we currently enjoy. We have recently had some individuals such as Roxanne Quimby (owner of burt's bee skin care products) purchase 30,000 acres and POST it!!! Make sure we all are responsible sportsman! ...I'm stepping down from my "Bully Pulpit"!!
Old 09-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Spike

don't beleive there is any way to hunt mass if you are from out of state. don't think they even sell a nontesident license-due to the gun laws.