Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 hunting in new england >

hunting in new england

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

hunting in new england

Old 09-15-2005, 05:34 AM

Default hunting in new england

looking for a club or land to lease in mass., nh, or maine
Old 09-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: hunting in new england

If you like hunting big country hunt Maine or northern New Hampshire. It is all public land and there aren't too many hunters.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Both clubs and lease hunting are almost non-existant in New England, at least in MA and NH, can't speak for other states. Its lots of public land and lots of knocking on doors, almost nothing is tied up by leases, thank god!
Old 09-22-2005, 05:00 PM

And dont F'ing start that crap around here ![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Do your homework like everyone else and stop looking for an easy way out. We only have so much land to go around we dont need you makeing more off limits to us!!!!! [:@][:@][:@]
Old 09-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

arlow, calm down, seriosuly, whats your problem?

for a first post, you sure picked a hell of a way to use it.

i believe that what ejalois was doing would be considered "doing homework". just a guy(or gal) looking for a place to hunt. maybe instead of yelling and swearing at them you could try to help them out, thats the way things work around here.

if the rest of your posts are going to be like your first, maybe you should find another place to yell at fellow hunters.
Old 09-23-2005, 06:29 AM

ejalois,

where in MA are you from?

Have you ever heard of Hamilton Rod & Gun in Sturbridge. I think that club has an 80 acre piece of land leased to them. Join the club if you want to use it, if they still have it. They have a 300 meter rifle range too and there is enough land on club property to hunt too.

You can actually see the clubhouse from the Masspike (I-90). It is off New Boston Rd. in Sturbridge if your interested. I don't know how the deer hunting is.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:31 AM

Hey Arlow,

I do more home work then you will ever think of. I am new to the area from New Jersey and trying to find out what is what. You will probably laugh about Jersey, but I will tell you have have hunted in a lot of states and NJ is prety good
Old 09-23-2005, 11:22 AM

ejalois, i never really seen land in ma. for lease., for sportsmen clubs theres a few around what part of ma. are you from, for land to hunt around here we have alot of wildlife managment areas,or you can go on www. masswildlife.org , and you can find all the areas open for hunting on there and directions to, eastcoast of ma. have alot of deer and the westtoward the berkshire, not alot of deer, but big ones are out there, hope this helps
Old 09-26-2005, 08:10 AM

What kind of hunting do you want to do? Mass has a lot of public land. Much of it gets hunted hard, but you can still find some good spots. I would recommend hunting (deer) on weekdays as much as possible. Also,I think you might be better off concentrating your efforts of smaller public areas which get over looked.

I deer hunt in Ct. The hunting there is good, but getting on private property is really tough. If you bowhunt I'd say try to get in somewhere in Ct, but expect to spend some time driving around knocking on doors before you find a place. If your looking to use the rifle, forget about it.

If you want to hunt Pheasant, Mass has many areas which are stocked, but they are ussually crowded. N.H. has some really nice areas which are stocked too, but they don't publish the locations, just the towns they are in. Again, you might have to do a bit of driving, but you can find them. One place in NH I like is an Army Corp area in Surry. This is southern NH. You should be able to find it easily if you look on a map. The parking is on Dort rd.

If you want to shoot (at) grouse you will need to put some time in behind the wheel. Mass actually has some pretty good grouse hunting, but for the most part it's on private land, and hard to find. I have pretty much quit grouse hunting in Mass. I have found that the two hours I would spend driving to go to western Mass was better spent driving two hours up to NH. If you go to the white mtn area, or beyond you will find excellent grouse hunting. The farther north you go the better it gets, and NH is a pretty big state, so you might want to make a few overnite trips. NH also allows Sunday hunting.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't come down too hard o Arlow I know where he is comming from I spent 23 years in the navy and most of it was in the soulth. You could not find a piece of land to hunt on to save your life cause it was all leased by hunt clubs. If you were lucky to find a little piece the clubs were all over you and they had the game wardens in there pocket so the were always on you. And I know we don't want that up here it is bad news. We up here in Mass are so lucky to have the land to hunt on for a little state with bad gun laws we have some of the best deer hunting in the N.E. E.J. I live in zone 11 and if I can help you in any way just let me know Mike

Quick Reply: hunting in new england

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.