Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to deal with trespassers?

Old 08-13-2005, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How to deal with trespassers?

LOL REB .... WELL SOME ARE JUST A LITTLE TO "GUNG HO" FOR MY TASTE ..... BUT THATS WHAT MAKES THIS SPORT GREAT .."DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS" SLY AND THE FAMILY STONE ... WOW MY EYES GET BLOODSHOT JUST THINKING ABOUT THAT SONG ;&gt)

DD
Old 08-13-2005, 07:13 AM

No matter what you do there will always be a lowlife trespasser .
I have signs ,gates,fence,purple paint and cables on roads. they still show thier worthless lifeforms to my paradise!
I carry a camera and have taken photos of their vehicles and they do WORK in court!!!!!!
I have found that if you can catch a few and prosecute them the word gets out among the scum. but you MUST spend as much time as you can on your place.
These ground crawlers can tell by your sign (ie atv tracks,truck tracks and foot prints) that you have been there and are frequently. the number of signs and paint also sends a message.

You need to spend as much time as you can around there sooner or later you will run into a regular bum . MAKE sure you are nice and GET A NAME!
Once you know for sure who they are HAMMER them!!!!
call the sheriffs dept file a report and get a warrant!!
Follow through with the prosecution! meaning show up for court.
It has worked ona few for me . i am going this weekend to my southern area and i will bet there isnt a track on the place(atv that is)
but if there is all i can do is hope that there ears vaporize from me calling them names!

One other suggestion that also is doing some good for me. make friends with a game warden . I have one that hunts on me for free but he gets a AWESOME place to run a decoy for slime to shoot at from the road!!!!!
You really have got to make them HATE you and FEAR you!
But you will always have a dummy that doesnt know you test you. Throw the book at them and they will not forget you but they will more than likely find someone else to play with.

DD I am gung hobut oh how i wish i could relieve us of scumbags.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

WELL JACK TO EACH HIS OWN BR'O BUT ITS HARD TO HUNT DEER FROM A JAIL CELL ....

DD
Yep, pretty tuff on the tresspassing trade too. It's bad enough I have to pay the "rent" on that ground even after I've bought it, if I have to share it with tresspasser's on top of that, I might as well be in jail.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: soarkrebel

No matter what you do there will always be a lowlife trespasser .
I have signs ,gates,fence,purple paint and cables on roads. they still show thier worthless lifeforms to my paradise!
I carry a camera and have taken photos of their vehicles and they do WORK in court!!!!!!
I have found that if you can catch a few and prosecute them the word gets out among the scum. but you MUST spend as much time as you can on your place.
These ground crawlers can tell by your sign (ie atv tracks,truck tracks and foot prints) that you have been there and are frequently. the number of signs and paint also sends a message.

You need to spend as much time as you can around there sooner or later you will run into a regular bum . MAKE sure you are nice and GET A NAME!
Once you know for sure who they are HAMMER them!!!!
call the sheriffs dept file a report and get a warrant!!
Follow through with the prosecution! meaning show up for court.
It has worked ona few for me . i am going this weekend to my southern area and i will bet there isnt a track on the place(atv that is)
but if there is all i can do is hope that there ears vaporize from me calling them names!

One other suggestion that also is doing some good for me. make friends with a game warden . I have one that hunts on me for free but he gets a AWESOME place to run a decoy for slime to shoot at from the road!!!!!
You really have got to make them HATE you and FEAR you!
But you will always have a dummy that doesnt know you test you. Throw the book at them and they will not forget you but they will more than likely find someone else to play with.

DD I am gung hobut oh how i wish i could relieve us of scumbags.
You are calling it straight but I won't pay tribute to the game warden just to get him to do his job.

Nobody ever came out to the floor and gave me a place to hunt and said good job. He get's paid just like I do, he can do his job just like I do. If he don't want to, then I'll deal with it my self how I see fit and he knows it. Never had a problem with a response from law enforcement any time I've ever called them.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ARKREB ... BELIEVE ME I CAN FEEL YOUR PAIN HOSS ... I HAVE ABOUT 400 ACRES LEASED FOR HUNTING SO I CAN RELATE HOWEVER I WISH WE COULD GET RID OF ALL THE RAPEST ..DRUG DEALERS ...CHILD MOLESTERS AN SO ON ...THATS WHY WE HAVE LAWS TO DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE ... I THINK THIS THREAD STARTED OFF REFERRING TO THE HUNTERS THAT GOT SHOT LAST YEAR UP NORTH BY A TRESSPASSER ... AND I COULD BE WRONG BUT AS I UNDERSTOOD IT ONE OF THE LEGAL HUNTERS WALKED UP ON A TRESSPASSER HUNTING OUT OF ONE OF HIS STANDS ..HAD A CONVERSATION WITH HIM ..LEFT AND WENT BACK TO CAMP AND THEN RETURNED WITH A COUPLE OF FRIENDS THEN ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE ... I JUST CAN'T HELP BUT THINK HAD THOSE GUY'S CALLED LAW ENFORCEMENT TO COME AND CONFRONT THIS GUY IT MAY HAVE TURNED OUT DIFFERENTLY ... I KNOW HIND SIGHT IS 20/20 BUT I WOULD HOPE WE ALL LEARNED A VALUABLE LESSON FROM WHAT HAPPEND UP THERE ... OF COURSE ..I COULD BE WRONG ... AGAIN JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION ...ALSO IF I HAVE THE STORY WRONG I MIGHT STAND CORRECTED ...

DD
Old 08-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Dominant Buck

I haven't had to deal with this situation as of yet , but I don't think that I would approach an armed trespasser . If I detect somebody poaching on my property my first response will be to contact the local CO and have him deal with it . Unarmed trespassers will be politely ******ed out and warned not to return , those who do return will face arrest and prosecution . My land can't be approached at high speed by ATVs due to it's thick wooded condition, so I could put out tire spikes without risk of a lawsuit if the need arises, and it would only arise if some hard headed dipsheit makes it necessary . Once the wheeler is disabled it will be impounded by law enforcement at it's owner's expense .
Old 08-13-2005, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hang barbed wire about neck high where they ride their atvs. That will stop them.
Very nice. One of your first posts on here and you've proven yourself an absolute fool.

Remember, your first impression is the one that sticks with you.

I won't get into the legalities of setting a lethal trap such as your brilliant suggestion, as I think the majority folks on here know foolish (actually, outright stupidity) when they see it.

For all the others posting along the lines of shooting people - think first. Actions like that will give non-hunters and antis more fuel. The trajedy in Rice Lake WI is enough, don't you think? Whether you think you're in the right or not, I GUARANTEE you that once you get yourself involved in something like that, you're going to wish you never were. So will your families.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

MATT I SECOND WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT THIS NEW GUY ..IF I HAD TO GUESS I WOULD SAY HE IS MOST LIKELY SOMEOME WITH A NEW NAME BUT HAS BEEN BOOTED OFF HERE BEFORE .... IF NOT WE HAVE ANOTHER TO HAVE TO CONTEND WITH .... AS FOR THE REST OF YOUR POST I APPLUDE YOUR ATTITUDE AND TOTALLY AGREE ...MAYBE ITS JUST AND AGE FACTOR ...

DD
Old 08-13-2005, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I read some of the other posts from you "wildlifepopulationcontrolexpert". Your kid is going to be turning 1 you say. Let's jump about 15 or 20 years into the future. You've invested alot into your child and the kid has turned out to be the JOY OF YOUR LIFE. You're so proud, you love that kid like you beleive no one has ever loved another. Now, your kid is out riding around with buddies on ATV's and they do like plenty of young kids do, make a poor decision. They ignore a posted sign, go around a gate and cut thru someones private property. Just taking a short cut or something - not intending any harm. BOOM! It's YOUR KIDS HEAD laying on the trail as the lifeless body falls off of the ATV which continues on to crash into a tree, for the buddies to see and remember for the rest of their lifes.

But that's alright, in your mind you know your kid deserved it. Heck, go on over and apologize to the landowners, clean up the mess and restring the barbed wire for him, too. It's only the right thing to do. After all, it was your kids head that damaged his death trap, right? That's criminal damage to property - if your kids a minor, you are the responsible party.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Glad you'll be constantly babysitting your kid - should be real popular with friends. I think you got the meaning, just choked when you tried to swallow it. Not too big of a bite - just didn't taste like you thought it would. It's going to be just peachy having you around - I think you're going to prove real popular.

Quick Reply: How to deal with trespassers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.