Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to deal with trespassers?

Old 08-12-2005, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How to deal with trespassers?

I agree with alot you guys. IM just going to play it by ear for now. I'm still in the process of getting all the important phone numbers (game warden and ploice) and things like that in case I find someone poaching.

Ill find out tomarrow what the fence has done for n me. Hopefully I'll have some deer pics to share with you guys as well.

Thanks
Old 08-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Dominant Buck

I talked with a Florida farmer. He allows a couple of hunters to hunt his property. When someone brings a gun on your property that is a federal offence. The hunters carry cell phones and call the authorities.
Chuck
Old 08-12-2005, 04:07 PM

I was going to stay out of this one but I can't! As landowners we spend allot of money to purchase and maintainour own piece of heaven. Then these criminals (trespasser) scum break the lawand go where they know they are not allowed. After what happened to the 8 unarmed landowners up north who were shot by the trespasser, If they have a weaponand are on my property, in my state the laws allow property owners to use deadly force to defend against serious bodily harm or death.That will be my story every time,so trespassers beware landowners are not going to be gunned down again.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Timber I have read several of your post and respect your opinion BUT I have to disagree with you on this one buddy ... I KNOW that guys who tresspass are a real pill to swollow however they have NEVER made a deer , duck or any other kind of game that is worth taking the life of a human or for that matter aiming a deadly weapon at someone unless ofcourse its self defense . You and I both know there are a lot of mischevious teen agers who will go hunt anywhere they want to just like a lot of us have done in the past. I can't honestly say that I've never slipped accross a fence and I bet 99% of the hunters on this sight if the truth be known have done the same thing at times .... I could NEVER live with myself if I hurt or killed someone for just slipping onto my property to hunt a deer .... yes I could have them put in jail without a second thought ...but "deadly force" .. COMEonnnnnnn ..itsJUST a sport ... just My humble opinion.

DD
Old 08-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Doc,
I have to agree with you but also feel the frustration of Timber. That is one reason I don't have land. I may love it so much I may get crazy in protecting it.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:31 PM

Hey DoctorDeath, I respect your opinion too, and I don't want to get this posting off track,but I am getting sick of trespassers stealing stands and poaching dear on my property. I have no trespassing signs approx. every 50 feet aroundmy perimeter. I leave no question of where my property lines are. Iwalked up on a guy on my property this spring who had turkey decoys out and I asked him why he was on my propertyand he said the owner told him he could hunt here, well he waslying cause I'm the owner. I had a hell of a time getting him off my property. I was too nice.My point earlier is, we seem to forget what happened last dear season to the 8 people whoasked the trespasser who was sitting in their stand to leave, the trespasserkilled them. Sorry but my gun will be drawn at all times when walking up on trespassers. And if they leave without pointing their gun at me everything will be fine.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:43 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

JACK I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE ...YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO GUYS WHO HAVE NO RESPECT FOR A NO HUNTING SIGN AND THEY ARE SUBJECT TO BURN YOUR CABIN , SOAP YOUR FOOD PLOTS OR STEAL OR DESTROY YOUR STANDS ...YOU CAN'T PATROL YOUR PROPERTY 100% OF THE TIME ... BUT WITH THAT BEING SAID IT IS YOUR PROPERTY AND I SUPPOSE YOU CAN DO IT THE HARD WAY ... IM JUST SPEAKING OF EXPERIENCE ... BUT TO EACH HIS OWN

DD
You are sure right about that. Just need to keep that in mind when a person is deciding what to do.

So do the tresspassers.

Their house burns as fast as mine.
Their mirrors and windshields are as subject to a baseball bat as mymail box is. More so actually. My mail box is impervious to baseball bat attacks now.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:47 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: 4buck

Moral of the story, I'dbe very hesitantto damaging their 4 wheelers....I suggestyou let the proper authorities take care ofit.
If that works you'll never get to my action item number 3 and I don't fire "warning shots". The warning is the Private Property No Tresspassing sign.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

WELL JACK TO EACH HIS OWN BR'O BUT ITS HARD TO HUNT DEER FROM A JAIL CELL ....

DD
Old 08-13-2005, 05:03 AM
Dominant Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

WELL JACK TO EACH HIS OWN BR'O BUT ITS HARD TO HUNT DEER FROM A JAIL CELL ....

DD
[/quote

Doc, you're a party pooper!

Quick Reply: How to deal with trespassers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.