Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Would you rather tag Opening Day or the last day? >

Would you rather tag Opening Day or the last day?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would you rather tag Opening Day or the last day?

Old 07-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you rather tag Opening Day or the last day?

Whenever the animal of my liking presented itselfI take the shot. Here my actual hunting starts last week of august and can continue through till december but I continue to hunt by way of scouting, shed hunting, etc all year long. IfI don't have a tag don't meanI can't still practice hunting with bino's and camera!!!!

Old 07-26-2005, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't care whether it was the 1st day or the last. My goal is to kill a mature buck or none at all, so whenever I got that chance, I would take it.
In a perfect world,I would like to make ithappen about 3/4 of the way through the season (on command)... that is what I would prefer. I love hunting in Nov...so much cool stuff happens in the woods, I'd hate to miss it.

I probably won't ever have to make that decision, as we have way too many deer in the states that I hunt.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:45 PM
Fork Horn

Definitley opening day.I don't get too much time anymore to huntnow that the little ones havearrived.I normally take the first 3 days of rifle season off from work.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bowhunt the entire gun season and wait till the last week of Nov. because this is when the rut kicks in and this is when I see some beauties. I couldn't bag or maybe didn't choose to shoot anything prior because if I did, my hunt would be over because I am only allowed one deer.I see a lot of deer but I want, "THE DEER". I see them but seeing them and getting a shot are two different things. I did pick up my rifle the last weekend of the season just to fill my tag and shot a 3x3 mulie, but I will tell you one thing is I was sweating it out the last weekend thinking I was going to eat tag soup. []
Bobby
Old 07-27-2005, 05:35 PM

I don't think it really matters what day you fill your tag as long as you don't shoot the first four point buck fawn that comes walking by. It's not about just filling your tag. I don't care if I don't get a deer that year. I would rather let the younger ones go and wait for them to grow up in a few years.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opening day..then you have the rest of the week to relax!