Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wow-opening day

Old 11-15-2003, 12:26 AM

Default wow-opening day

Well (here as of right now ) its now 2:20 in the morning cant sleep, waiting for the next few hours to pass, getting all geared up and ready to go. ben waiting for this day for ALONG time. Sorry there relly isnt any ? in this post just alot of excitement and anticipation going on. I just want to wish ALL good luck, weather today is your opener or just another day during your season..GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF MY HUNTING COMPANIONS, NATION WIDE!!!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 10:33 AM

Default RE: wow-opening day

It would be ashame if you finally did fall asleep and accidently slept most of the morning. It' s 11:30 am right now and I know you are out there enjoying the opening day hunt. I have one more week until the Wis. gun hunt and I am already have a hard time sleeping. And when I do I am dreaming of the big buck that I am going to get this year.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:06 PM

Wether its Turkey hnting Elk hunting or Deer The night before i cant sleep,
Untill im out in the woods lol
Old 11-15-2003, 08:56 PM

It would be ashame if you finally did fall asleep and accidently slept most of the morning
ouch! i did that once. i was so excited to go out hunting, at 1:30am i suited up and went out. i thought i would get out a little early. the stand i was hunting was only a 4 minute walk form the back door of the house. so i get out there and sit down next to the tree that the stand is in cuz i didnt want to clinmb in the dark. when i say it was dark, i mean it was DARK! i literaly could not see my hand in front of my face. so i figured, what am i doing, i cant even see anything, so i wlak back up the hill towards the house about 25 yards and decide to sit donw there and wait it out, then i decided to just lay back on the hill and look at the stars. i woke up about 3:30am freezing my nads off so i go back into the house and lay down on the bed a wrap up in a blanket to keep me warm. about 10:30 i woke up to a gun shot, i scrabmle to get my stuff together and run out the door towards my stand. as im runnig down the hill, my partner is draging a buck out of the woods, he shot it under my stand. he said, " where did you just come from?" i said, " its a long story." he just shook his head and walked up the hill with the deer. bummer!
Old 11-16-2003, 02:39 AM

ChiTown actually at that time i was just coming bk in i was FROZE, couldnt feel my feet and hands, but man it was great, didnt see anything but it was still great. went bk out aftr thawing out in a different spot until dark( 1:30 -5;15) still didnt see anything but still enjoyed- rght now its 4:30 am getting woke up and gonna try again today----hopefully wind isnt as bad today, we had some NASTY wind, (according to weather for area) 50-60 mph gusts, but it seemed to be more then just gusts more like almost constant. turkeyhunter i know what you mean, got out there and ended up dosing off a couple of times, but only for a few minutes at a time, everytime something cracked i was wide awke looking and listening. A.K.A thats too bad about your buck, but congrats to your buddy, hopefully you eill get ' yours ' . Good luk to all....
Old 11-16-2003, 02:53 AM

I still have a week before opening day in WV. My rifle is sighted and cleaned, my clothes are packed, all the essencials are ready and waiting....and I still have this week. God, I hate the week before season starts lol. Best of luck to you.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:17 AM

Sometimes the anticipation of the hunt is as good as the hunt. Good luck and I hope it' s all you thought it would be!

Let us know how you do.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know what you mean, but this year with opening day on a Sat. here in VA, I had all week ot work and then on Friday night I refereed and football game and I slept like a baby until 5:00. I was sooo tired that even with all of the excitement I slept great. Good luck and be safe everyone!!!
Old 11-17-2003, 11:30 AM

txbow, I agree the anticipation is sometimes better than the hunt.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:00 PM

he was talking about refeering a football game and hutning the next day, i wanted to watch the divison 2 state championchip game but of course its the friday before the opening day and im heading up north. Nice planning, ESPEICALLY LIVING IN WISCONSIN!