Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Colorado Unit 76 >

Colorado Unit 76

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Colorado Unit 76

Old 04-02-2005, 06:23 AM

Default Colorado Unit 76

I have come to the realization that I will probably never draw one of the top units in Colorado for an archery elk hunt. So I decided I have enough preference points to draw unit 76. I have never hunted there and I would really appreciate some help from someone who hunted there in the past. Thanks Much! Alan In WI
Old 04-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Colorado Unit 76

Alan-----Go to www.monstermuleys.com Go to the elk forum------there is a guy there who is from Montrose Colorado. He hunts & flims elk in 76. Pretty sure you will get some info there. It's a good unit. Rough Country. CB
Old 04-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

I HUNTED IT IN 01. WITH A FRIEND FROM ALAMOSA. WE HUNTED MOSTLY FAILY CLOSE TO CREED MULTIPLE DIFFERENT SPOTS. WE USED BOTH HORSES AND 4 WHEELERS. I GOT SKUNKED BUT MISSED A 4 OR 5 BY THE LAST DAY WHEN OFF BY MYSELF. IT WAS NORTH OUT OF CREED AND THEN A 4WD ROAD UP UP UP TO THE EAST ABOVE TREE LINE. WE BUMPED INTO A COUPLE BOYS FROM DOWN SOUTH IN ONE OF THE AREAS AT NEARLY 11,000 FEET ONE OF THEM WAS REALLY SICK. ALTITUDE SICKNESS. THERE ARE MEDICATION YOU CAN GET FROM YOUR FAMILY DOCTOR TO HELP PREVENT THE SYMTOMS....HUNT HIGH SLEEP LOW. IF YOU DO A GOOGLE SEARCH IT WILL TELL YOU THE MEDS THAT ARE RECOMMENDED. I GOT NUMBNESS AND TINGLING IN MY HANDS FROM THE MEDS THAT WENT AWAY AFTER STOPPING. IT NEEDS TO BE STARTED IN ADVANCE ALSO. I WOULD SAY TAKE A 4 WHEELER IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. LEARN TO CALL. GOOD LUCK, I'M PUTTING IN FOR POINTS AGAIN AND WILL APPLY IN 2-3 YEARS. I HATE TO MISS OUT ON MY ALASKA HUNTING IN SEPT TO GO DOWN THERE.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:35 AM

Unit 76 has got some good bulls in it work hard go high stay long, a friend of mine took one last year around 340 big 6x6