Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Unit 65 Colorado ?

Old 10-02-2004, 11:16 PM

Default Unit 65 Colorado ?

I'll be Elk/Deer combo hunting unit 65,and have been in the area 1 time several weeks ago on a scouting trip.I would like imput as to what elevation typically holds the animals the 3rd week of October.I realize weather will factor in but generally what has been the case in the past. Is there much snow yet? What elevation is snowline now?I was thinking of starting on Cimeron Ridge near Courthouse or Chimney Rock for Elk.My second choice, or first if I've filled my Elk tag and am deer hunting would be west of Silverjack up near treeline.Has there been much rain since August, and are the small water sources up in high drainages running now.I am hoping someone can lend some some help, as this is my first elk hunt.What is considered a good shooter for both animals in this area?

Just thought of another question.Will the cattle I saw in August in these areas be gone during 1st rifle, and if not, how does that effect the game animals?
Old 10-06-2004, 01:07 PM

Default RE: Unit 65 Colorado ?

bump