Alaska Thread

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alaska Thread

Jerry,

Email me a good contact number for you up north if you are still there. If your in town let me know, got a quick question.
Old 04-11-2003, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan, sent you my phone number. If I don' t hear from you by tonight, I' ll give you a call.

Squirrel, good luck getting rid of all your toys. If you have to leave before they are sold you could always look at putting them on consignment at a boat shop or rv store.

Finally had some luck on the trap line last night. Caught a cherry red fox on a set that we had been getting a lot of action around. The other sets had some fresh tracks around them, and even one set that stepped right on top of the trap, but it was frozen to the ground and snow had gotten underneath the trigger. That was on SEAK' s River Access Set. The last set I checked last night had tracks all over, but I found out they were ptarmigan, not fox. I was following my old tracks out to the set, and there' s a spot with some pretty deep snow, and in over half of the foot prints, there were large piles of ptarmigan poop. They are using the tracks to roost in. Crazy birds, I guess it works though, and they are about a foot to foot and a half deep, so it keeps them out of sight and the wind off of em. Glad I could help build the little guys a home.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

No email yet Jerry.

Dan
Old 04-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heck, I' ll just call you. Not sure why the e-mail didn' t go through.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:32 AM

OK, so, made it down to Juneau--getting the boat ready and had to go get parts today. Talked to Phish' s brother, who told me to tell him happy birthday. So, Happy Birthday, Phish. It' s my old man' s birthday too. So do you qualify for as an old guy now?

So working on the boat--need a bigger wheel barrel to carry all the cash to dump into the hole in the water that I own. However, juno grl was able to take some time off work to help me, so there' s something good coming out of my wallet being emptied. Cheap labor.

Congratulations on the cherry red, VBM. Sounds like fun, but I' m glad I ain' t there. [>:] Maybe I should leave more often so you can catch more fox.
Old 04-12-2003, 01:24 AM

SE AK - Thanks for the birthday wishes. So your Dad is one of the April 11th Gang, huh? Its a pretty select group!

My fishing partner watched a King get caught in front of his house in Tee Harbor on Wednesday before he left for work. He just HAD to tell me that in an e-mail! I guess you know what the plan of action is for the weekend - a few last minute chores and the boat is going in the water.

I' m glad to hear you are back in town (and you got yourself a qualified co-worker to take time off to help today). Juno grl looks like she might just work you to death - you better watch out! Give me a call and we can have that cup of coffee one of these mornings and hash over all the local hunting and fishing possibilities!

ABM - Congratulations on the nice red fox. I bet they are a beautiful sight in their prime in those weather conditions! Your ptarmigan story reminded me of a time I was deer hunting over on the west side of Douglas Island. It was snowy and blowy and had accumulated about 20" on the ground. I had bombed-out on somebuck tracks I' d been following and was on my way back down to the beach following in my own tracks. About a third of the way across a little muskeg meadow I thought the whole world was flying into my face when a flock of P.T.s jumped up right in front of me and passed about a foot over my head! Of course they sounded like a 737 at that altitude. Boy, just about stopped my heart! Glad no one saw me go " ass over tea kettle" in self defense!

Old 04-12-2003, 01:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Happy birthday Phish!

SEAK, sorry to hear about the money pit. I have a feeling it has something to do with the price of manifolds these days. Glad to hear juno grl is helping you out. Hopefully you' ll get her in the water before you have to come back up to work. The boat that is.

I' m debating on whether or not to go after caribou again tomorrow. I might hang it up for the season, but I' ll see how I feel in the morning.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:55 AM

hey nim guess what i saw on the way home today????

that turkey you told me about, like abm said i cant believe you went to the lower 48 to miss a bird....

hey mike broke the pully for the props but this is how far we got on the sev...hope the pic prints on this site

Old 04-12-2003, 05:00 AM

this thing lifted mike and i with no problems so it looks like he' s gonna order the 24hp for the 16ft sev as well
Old 04-17-2003, 12:19 AM
Typical Buck

WELL I DID MISS A TURKEY IN TN....ACTUALLY MISSED IT 3 TIMES AT LESS THAN 12 YARDS. ARROWS WENT LOW NOT SURE WHY. HAD A GREAT TIME. FRIEND IN CA. GOT A GOBBLER WITH 10 " BEARD AFTER I LEFT.
SQ. MUDMAN- I DON' T KNOW OF ANYBODY LOOKING FOR A BOAT LIKE YOURS BUT WILL KEEP IT IN MIND. TELL YOU WHAT YOU BUY MINE AND I' LL BUY YOURS.
ABM- FOX SOUNDS NICE WHERE ARE THE PIX.
LOST ARROW - THE SEV IS LOOKING GOOD.

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.