Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Alaska Thread >

Alaska Thread

West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Alaska Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 03:32 AM

Default RE: Alaska Thread

phish-on,

im sure ak nimrod and abm will be more then happy to share the " one stich" story with you if seak wont.

abm,

how things going with the trapping this year? some day if i ever get off the night shift ill have to stop by for a visit....

nimrod,

hope your trip went well... hopefully ill be sending you some pics of bow killed pike in a few days....
Old 02-20-2003, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey Guys sorry to hear about your thread, but on another note, still looking at houses, and fingers crossed will get orders up there, I' m looking foward to it. Good luck with your spring bear season!!! At least save one for me!!!
Old 02-21-2003, 03:15 PM

Hello everyone, I' m new to this message board and wanted join in on the Alaska fun! I' m here to gain knowledge and give knowledge. Also to share stories. Anyhow, here are some pictures of the cow muskox I shot last weekend. I guess it' s not working, but if you go to www.funtigo.com/kusko you' ll see some more pictures and some of the muskox.
Old 02-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

LOST ARROW- HEY THE TRIP TO CALIFORNIA WENT WELL GOT SOME GREAT PHOTOS OF ELEPHANT SEALS. I DON' T WANT TO SEE FREEZER BURN ON ANY OF THE PIKE PICTURES[]
PHISH-ON: ABOUT LITTLE " TOMMY ONE STITCH" TWO SEASONS AGO IN LATE OCTOBER. SEAK, ABM " COTTON BOY" AND MYSELF " THE OLD GUY" WERE GOING ON A GOAT HUNT NEAR JUNEAU IN THE ARCHERY ONLY AREA. I ARRIVED THE DAY AFTER ABM. AND JUST BEFORE ABM ARRIVED SEAK WAS PRACTICING WITH PRACTICE BROADHEADS AT THE LOCAL ARCHERY RANGE. HE WAS MOVING AROUND IN THE RANGE AND CUPPED THE PRACTICE BROADHEAD IN HIS PALM AND BUMPED THE ARROW AND DROVE THE BROADHEAD INTO HIS PALM.....WELL HE WENT AND GOT ABM THEN TO THE DOC TO GET THIS MASSIVE WOUND REPAIRED....YOU GUESSED IT IT ONLY NEEDED ONE STITCH....HE WAS PRETTY DISAPPOINTED AS HE COULD NOT EVEN CLAIM THAT HE NEEDED STITCHES. HE WAS LUCKY IT WASN' T A REAL BROADHEAD HE MIGHT HAVE HAD TO GET STITCHES. I THINK HE EVEN GOT XYLOCAINE FOR ONE LOUSEY STITCH[&:]
ALASKANLARGE- I WILL BE BEAR HUNTING THIS SPRING IN PWS, MOST LIKELY. HOPEFULLY I WILL SELL MY BIG BOAT BY THEN BUT I WILL BE HUNTING FOR SURE THERE IF I STILL HAVE IT. IF IT SELLS AND I DON' T HAVE A NEW ONE THEN IT WILL BE GRIZ PROBABLY OFF THE DENALI HWY.....IF I HAVE TIME I MIGHT DO BOTH.

LATER-PAT
Old 02-21-2003, 10:26 PM

NIM - Looks like part of your post fell into a Black Hole - and it was just getting good, too!

I' m headed to Sitka for the weekend to go out trolling with a friend for some Kings. I caught a AkAir " Web Special" round-trip for $108.00. Naturally, everybody at work wants me to bring back fish for them. I' m just hoping the reasonable weather holds so we can get some action.

Maybe by the time I get back my new turkey calls will have arrived in the mail. I' ve got 2 boxcalls ordered and have to get one more glass ordered so I can get all the pockets in my turkey hunting vest filled with merchandise! (What' s that old saying? " You can never have too much gear. . . ." )
Old 02-22-2003, 02:59 PM
Typical Buck

PHISH-ON: MY POST DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE MISSING ANYTHING ABOUT THE TOMMY ONE STITCH STORY. MY GUESS YOUR ARE WANTING DETAILS ABOUT COTTON BOY OR THE OLD GUY NAMES....OLD GUY IS PRETTY SELF EXPLANATORY ON THAT HUNT MY HUNTING PARTNERS WERE THE SAME AGES AS MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER AND MY OLDEST DAUGHTER. SO THEY HAD TO MAKE A REAL POINT THAT I WAS THE OLD GUY. COTTON BOY HAS TO DO WITH SELECTION OF TYPE OF FABRIC FOR HUNTING CLOTHES FOR ON OF OUR MEMBERS THAT WAS NOT USED TO HUNTING IN THE VERY WET S.E. CLIMATE.

GOOD LUCK ON THE FISHING TRIP- PAT
Old 02-22-2003, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard Kusko! Glad to have you along. Great photos on your site, I couldn' t make out the moose photo too well, was that a winter kill or a trap line kill? I edited your post since there was a comma added in the link so nothing would come up when you click on it.

Congrats on the musk ox! I' ve been putting in for the 26B permit for a few years now with no luck, I doubt I' ll ever get it, but gotta keep trying! I love musk ox meat though, some of the best tasting stuff out there.

Phish, nimrod told most of the one stitch story from our goat hunt. What he doesn' t know is how much he screamed like a little baby when we were at the hospital and he was getting stitch up (can' t say stitched, that would mean plura) In his defense though, his friend, the doctor, was pretty rough on him! She put so much novicane in his system that his elbow went numb. By the time she was done cleaning it out we were both ready to throw up. The reason it didn' t go any further is because it hit bone, and you could see plenty of it when she opened it up.[]

I guess I' ll keep the stories going and open myself up here. When nimrod, SeAk and I were going up the mountain, we came accross some berries. They would pick a couple, toss em in there mouths then spit them out. I didn' t see them doing that, but they convinced me to try some berries, so I did. We all popped them in our mouthes at the same time, and I chewed a little, swallowed and looked at them. They both spit theirs out. I asked them why, and seak looked at me and said, " why, you didn' t swallow, did you?" with a very sincerely concerned look on his face. Nimrod played right into it, and being a doc up north I trust the old goat. I can' t really remember what he said, but they stopped me before I wedged my thumb down my throat to try and throw it up! That was probably the best and most spontanious rib I' ve ever taken, gotta give it to em[&:]

bearhuntr, I' m still trying to iron out details for a spring bear hunt too. I' m hoping for blackies down south or brownies on the coast. Not quite sure yet. I' ve only got about a week this year starting the last couple days of May to head out. If I still have my boat up north in Sept and Oct, I plan to head out after grizzlies if I don' t fill my tag for them in the spring
Old 02-22-2003, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

OOPS! WELCOME KUSKO I HAVE READ YOUR POSTS ON THE " OTHER" SITE. WELCOME ABOARD.
ABM- I WAS NOT THERE WHEN TOMMY ONE STITCH DID HIS WHINING.
YEP I SURE WISH I HAD YOU ON FILM ON THE BLUEBERRY THING IT WAS TOO FUNNY THAT WAS A GREAT HUNT EVEN THOUGH WE WERE PRETTY MISERABLE MOST OF THE TIME....THAT' S GOAT HUNTING THOU ESP IN LATE OCT. HEY A FRIEND OF MINE HERE AT WORK ARROWED A B & C MUSK OX 2 WEEKS AGO. WOW IS IT NICE.
I HEAR THERE IS A RUMOR THAT THERE IS AN " OUTIE" JUNEAU GIRL READING OUR POSTS HERE.[]...YOU SHOULD JOIN IN ON THE FUN HERE. MOST OF US DON' T BITE [>:] AND I THINK ALL OF THOSE THAT DO ARE RABIES FREE?
Old 02-22-2003, 11:43 PM

Well, okay, if you' re sure nobody has rabies....I' ve read some of the posts...I don' t know if I quite buy the notion that nobody bites! []

SEAK is a little distraught that someone would rat him out on his One Stitch story......again. Hey, all I can say is that if you do something as silly as shoot yourself with an arrow, people are going to talk. Let' s see, an interesting piece of trivia...the doctor friend who stitched him up was my roommate in college, so we' ve all known each other for a long time.

SEAK does take issue with the allegation that he screamed like a baby...but I sorta believe it.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:58 PM

Haven' t been on in a long time, missed all you guys!

Phish, how' s your brother doing? Heard I missed you guys in the Seattle airport.

So, if we' re back telling stories....ABM, how many legs do you have to shoot off of a fox before you can catch him???? Just thought I' d ask. " Like a baby" is an exageration...a few whimpers, maybe. But not nearly as much as you and the Old Guy whined about my snoring on the goat hunt. Heck, you' re still whining about that, and I merely have a scar left!

juno grl, welcome aboard. Always good to see another Juneauite, even if you are an Outie to us Douglasites.

Quick Reply: Alaska Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.