HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Alaska Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2003, 03:32 PM
ArcticBowMan
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alaska Thread

Welcome aboard Kusko! Glad to have you along. Great photos on your site, I couldn' t make out the moose photo too well, was that a winter kill or a trap line kill? I edited your post since there was a comma added in the link so nothing would come up when you click on it.

Congrats on the musk ox! I' ve been putting in for the 26B permit for a few years now with no luck, I doubt I' ll ever get it, but gotta keep trying! I love musk ox meat though, some of the best tasting stuff out there.

Phish, nimrod told most of the one stitch story from our goat hunt. What he doesn' t know is how much he screamed like a little baby when we were at the hospital and he was getting stitch up (can' t say stitched, that would mean plura) In his defense though, his friend, the doctor, was pretty rough on him! She put so much novicane in his system that his elbow went numb. By the time she was done cleaning it out we were both ready to throw up. The reason it didn' t go any further is because it hit bone, and you could see plenty of it when she opened it up.[]

I guess I' ll keep the stories going and open myself up here. When nimrod, SeAk and I were going up the mountain, we came accross some berries. They would pick a couple, toss em in there mouths then spit them out. I didn' t see them doing that, but they convinced me to try some berries, so I did. We all popped them in our mouthes at the same time, and I chewed a little, swallowed and looked at them. They both spit theirs out. I asked them why, and seak looked at me and said, " why, you didn' t swallow, did you?" with a very sincerely concerned look on his face. Nimrod played right into it, and being a doc up north I trust the old goat. I can' t really remember what he said, but they stopped me before I wedged my thumb down my throat to try and throw it up! That was probably the best and most spontanious rib I' ve ever taken, gotta give it to em[&:]

bearhuntr, I' m still trying to iron out details for a spring bear hunt too. I' m hoping for blackies down south or brownies on the coast. Not quite sure yet. I' ve only got about a week this year starting the last couple days of May to head out. If I still have my boat up north in Sept and Oct, I plan to head out after grizzlies if I don' t fill my tag for them in the spring