Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > West
 Eastern WA Elk >

Eastern WA Elk

Community
West MT, CO, WY, NM, NV, UT, CA, ID, WA, OR, AZ, HI, AK

Eastern WA Elk

Old 02-21-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Eastern WA Elk

(I tried posting this over on the Big Game forum, but this is probably a better place for it.)

Okay, after two years of trying to make Western Washingtion come together bowhunting for Elk, I'm thinking that it is tie to head east. I've rifle hunted the Nile, but I really don't want to deal with a spike only unit.

Because I'm a bonehead, I have no points accumulated toward limited draws. [:@]

I'm not asking for the GPS coordinates for your honey hole, but I would appreciate some guidance on some units to consider. I typically hunt the last week of Early Archery, but I can alter that as the location dictates. I've read that Mt. Spokane is "any Elk." Is this because there are high numbers that the state wants reduced? Is the area overrun with bowhunters?

Its a big deal heading over in the off season if going completely blind. It would sure help having a starting point.

Thanks

-Flix
Old 02-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eastern WA Elk

I live on the East side......but bow hunt on the west side around Castle Rock where there's ton's of elk. have never hunted this side of the state, but from what I've heard...we don't have the population as the west. Now mid-state hold's alot of elk but it's spike only [:@]
Old 03-02-2006, 08:58 AM

My buddy drew a cow tag this last year for rifle in the Blue Mtns (by Dayton/Pomeroy). We took horses down there and he shot at one, but missed, there werent very many elk and a TON of hunters. I have shot quite a few elk where I am from just south of Olympia, we get about 100 head of elk every spring on our land, they tear everything up and state gives us a few tags to knock a few down, there are TONS of elk in that area...
Old 03-23-2006, 01:12 PM

i think mt spokane any elk is for population control and damage control. i also think there are not many elk there. it may be the only "any elk" area in e-wa with a rifle.
everything else is draw for bulls