Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Big flocks this year

Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Big flocks this year

I was out Sat. morning just west of Oak Hammock marsh just north of Winnipeg. I have never seen so many birds this early in the season before. I saw 3 seperate flocks, each of at least 5000 birds. The skies were just black with the big Canadas. Only took 3 (5 bird limit) and just spent the rest of the time just watching (might sound stupid but I've losts of time to fill the freezer limit and was having some friends over for dinner Sat. night and just wanted enough for dinner). All three were greater Canada's and very big birds. Looks like it's going to be a great season. You guys down south get ready for some great hunting.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:59 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Default RE: Big flocks this year

How about ducks?

Boy I sure hope they come south (wisc) this year on time. It seems the last few years the weather has been too warm and they come south in good numbers in December.

JW
Old 09-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big flocks this year

JW!.....looking pretty good up here. Went out Sat morn and bagged 6 ducks and 3 Canadas. Saw lots of ducks and Sandhill cranes also. I was hunting bout 45 minutesN of the city(Libau) marshThe migration has just started and most of the birds are still up north. Got the makings of a good year.

Ron