Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

back at it

Old 02-04-2007, 07:08 AM

Default back at it

I started duck hunting again after about 30 years not waterfowling.Been going with my oldest son and enjoying every day of it. I only got two ducks this year,but being back out hunting with my boys was well worth it.Last year they bought me a new shotgun.A Benelli Nova.I got at turkey with itlast spring and the two duck this waterfowl season.My question is,if anyone one is using this shotgun,What choke are you using and are you happy with the results.I'm using the factory turkey choke from Benelli and i'm happy with it.I used the factory mod choke for ducks but was thinking about something different.My son is using a Pattern Master on his Winchester Super X and is very happy with is.I was using steel shot this year ,but may try some bismoth and some other non-toxic shot this year along with some steel if I start going though the expensive stuff to fast.Thanks for you help
ubetcha
Old 02-04-2007, 12:59 PM

Default RE: back at it

I used to have this shotgun, great gun , i like semi autos better so i went with the beretta pintail but while i was using the nova a used a stock turkey choke for turkey that worked good and for duck and geese i used the cabelas hevi shot choke tube, I really like this choke i used it in mod. from shooting bismuth to trap, to steel. Made great patterns and had tons of load thrown through it!