Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

full choke and steel shot

Old 10-13-2006, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: full choke and steel shot

ORIGINAL: fantail

My benelli chokes say the same thing that is why I use an aftermarket choke that is rated for steel. But in my wife's beretta I use the factory full.

Fellas, shooting steel in a full choke is like strawberry pudding, once you try it you'll never go back to banana pudding Now don't get me wrong, banana pudding is good but strawberry pudding is plum GUD!

I'll tell you what, I think if you boys would try 4 or 5 shells with a full in a hunting situation I think you'll like the results! No pressure Well maybe just a little
Well I did last year, and I liked bananna (modified)a heck of a lot more. I can consistently hit birds better with the modified.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Thats funny! Just maybe you're allergic to strawberries

Now you all realize I reserve the right to be wrong as long as we agree to disagree agreeably. If you've tried it and don't like it then by all means avoid it

Do yall like goat milk? We milk goats and I meet a lot of people that say they really don't like goat milk and I usually find out they haven't ever tried it. So I keep on them until they do and so far all that said they don't like it suddenly like it. Maybe that's the way I thought everything worked. Oh well.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Spike

Hey guys. this season will be first waterfowl season using my 870 express with the stock modified rem-choke. Is that choke suitable for steel shot? It doesn't say on the choke
Old 10-16-2006, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

That Modified chole will be fine...
Old 10-19-2006, 03:45 PM

i shoot an skb 200 side by side mod an full. i kill over 100 ducks a year. 1oz no 6 steel.for ducks no 2 hevi for geese no problems. dead in the air kills. if any gun would have problems with steel or hevi going through it it would be a double.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fantail

Thats funny! Just maybe you're allergic to strawberries

Now you all realize I reserve the right to be wrong as long as we agree to disagree agreeably. If you've tried it and don't like it then by all means avoid it

Do yall like goat milk? We milk goats and I meet a lot of people that say they really don't like goat milk and I usually find out they haven't ever tried it. So I keep on them until they do and so far all that said they don't like it suddenly like it. Maybe that's the way I thought everything worked. Oh well.
Youre from TN of course you milk goats!!!!!! LOL Jk...I really like your perspective!!! This has been a GREAT thread!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

Youre from TN of course you milk goats!!!!!! LOL Jk...I really like your perspective!!! This has been a GREAT thread!
Well I'm glad to hear that but I guess that first part makes me a regular hillbilly While we're on the subject of pickin and grinin, I just noticed that you've been exposed to the cold so long that you don't even know where you live "Somewhere in Michigan".