Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Is anyone here from Oklahoma >

Is anyone here from Oklahoma

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Is anyone here from Oklahoma

Old 11-15-2005, 08:06 AM

Default Is anyone here from Oklahoma

I f so we all need to get together and go do some duck hunting . of course when they start comin in good lol .
Old 11-15-2005, 11:47 PM

Default RE: Is anyone here from Oklahoma

I'm in Oklahoma City. Our blind is pretty full at the moment. 5 of us hunting. But these guys usually wear out about mid season whereas I am a hardcore hunter. I like to hunt Ft. Cobb lake and Kaw Lake mainly. I hunted the Great Salt Plains a couple weekends ago and got my limit and a sandhill crane. When the ducks are here in good numbers however, I pretty much stick to Ft. Cobb. Matt
Old 11-16-2005, 10:31 AM

Man I hope you have access to some private land around Ft.Cobb I always hunt on private land but had some people telling me how good
Cobb was so we got up about 3:00 get their about 4:00 didn't really Know were to go exactly but heard around Swan Lake or someplace was good anyway were getting geared up and here came the calvary trucks pulling in one after another it was damn near a foot race to the water! so we get lucky we think and get on the point were a channel runs back off the main lake get our dekes out wait for shooting light well it gets light enough to shoot and were seeing some ducks just about a mile high with everyone around highballing like they were at the world championships,next thing I hear is the two guys to our left shooting but I couldnt see anything even close I ask my brother in law what the hell are they shooting at as soon as I ask I find out the morons were shooting out our dekes couldnt believe it talk about stupid I tell them how dumb they really are and they apologized but man unreal! well sorry so long anytime I hear someone say Ft.Cobb I just laugh and remember that day! hope you have better luck than I did!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:38 PM

I havnt seen any birds around where i hunt, im mostly around norman unless i make a trip to woodward or down by waurika. Hopefully with this cooler weather we'll start seeing some. But for right now, im still bowhuntin.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:01 PM

I live in the southeastern part of OK. Gore is the town. I usually hunt in the Sequoyah county refuge. I've got plenty of room, or i can travel.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:03 PM

Im in Sequoyah county. Waterfowl and Turkeys are my game. Go to college at UAFS. This is my 1st post here. 22 years old, train labs and run HT's with them. Live in Roland. Hunt mainly private and then got a few timbers holes on some lakes.

This is my first year in Roland. Born and raised in Sapulpa, just outside of Tulsa, so trying to learn the area and lock down some turkey spots also. This last cold front did some damage

Curtis
Old 11-17-2005, 11:04 PM

I read on the wildlife department's waterfowl report that there are a large amount of ducks at lake Texoma which is where I am going to go this weekend. Check it out at www.wildlifedepartment.com. Scroll down, click on HUNTING. Scroll down, click on WATERFOWL. Scroll down again and click on WATERFOWL REPORT. Pretty informative and they update it every couple weeks. I hunt only public land. I don't know of any private spots. As windy as it was a couple of days ago, I'm guessing that the ducks must have been sucked against their will out of lakes and ponds in Kansas and Nebraska and blown to Oklahoma!