Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Oklahoma Rut is On!!!!!!!!!!! >

Oklahoma Rut is On!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Oklahoma Rut is On!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Oklahoma Rut is On!!!!!!!!!!!

SLept in yesterday on purpose because of the full moon. Well at 8 am on the way to the lease I see 1 doe on North side of road and 2 does on South side of road with a buck chasing, a few miles down the road I see a doe between the barbed wire fence and the highway, I look toward the fence and there stands a 130-140 class buck who was following her (makes me wish I wouldve gotten up earlier).

I get to my lease and 3 does meet me at the gate (damn deer), they run off. I get in my stand and after 10 minutes 4 does come out (out of range) and not coming my direction. I catch movement at the tree line they came out of, sure enough it is a shooter buck. I hit the can call and grunt, 2 of the does ran straight at me but stopped out of bow range, I never turned the bucks head, he had one thing in mind.

I think the cold snap has really turned them on, should be a great opening morning for rifle.

I hunt in North Central Oklahama.

Good luck to all.

Kent
Old 11-18-2005, 08:10 PM

Default RE: Oklahoma Rut is On!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Kentster:

I was excited to see your posting. I saw one doe on the way home from work. I met some knew folks in the "neighborhood" and got permission to hunt their property. Great since it borders mine! I also found that my deer have changed routes to their land. Perfect!

Got to sign off now to hunt in the morning. Good luck!

Jonny
Old 11-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Oklahoma Rut is On!!!!!!!!!!!

No kiddin! I was in kremlin county (the exact location is not disclosed due to the threat on my life if I leak it) and we did great opening morning! A fawn came by us and stopped, then the mom (big doe) followed up, my buddy got the doe then we waited a few minutes, the buck came along. 7 point buck that is just now cooling in my freezer! He was rutting pretty hard. Good year! EJ