Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Blue Rock Shooting Teams

Old 04-22-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Blue Rock Shooting Teams

My Blue Rock shooting team is named the Wisard Masters. Ya I know its kinda dorky but my friend made it up. Does anyone else have a team?
Old 05-19-2007, 09:21 AM

Default RE: Blue Rock Shooting Teams

Being on a blue rock team has really helped with my shooting. If you are very serious about Pheasant, dove, and quail, I think you should be onj a trap shooting team
Old 05-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Spike

I am not on a team but I shoot a lot of trap. I agree it sure helps. On the flush of pheasant I catch myself saying station 5, hard right or what ever fits.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:46 PM

Shooting Clays has nothing to do with Wing Shooting.
What it take to break a clay may not kill a bird. Besides clay coarses are set up so far away from hunting that the leads are so far off it is unreal.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Spike

In my opinion any type of shotgun shooting will help in your performance in the field or vice versa. The target shooting compared to field shooting may be alot different but the way you should shoot should be the same. I killed many pheasants before I started trap shooting at around 11 or 12, and I started killing more after I started shooting every week. During then I noticed my trap scores going up and my missing pheasants going down. I actually think that pheasant hunting is what led me to excell in the game of National trap where I was able to stand on the line with Olympic shooters. If your a young shooter I highly recommend trying to get on a scholastic shooting team, some of the best times of my life, learnes alot and was able to go to some pretty neat shoots including the Grand National Trapshoot. So get out there and run some shells through your gun.