Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Williams firesight

Old 03-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Williams firesight

MK-M-GOBL what do the hologr sights go for? how large are they. it is difficult to get a scale from the picture but how does it compare to say a red dot type sight?
I guess I need to decide how to go forward to get ready for May 1. Thanks for the info jollyarcher. I might be asking more about your spare front site but the holographic concept is pretty cool. I like to keep my shotgun as light as possible because I hunt lots of hills and ridges and the walking is easier if you aren't carrying much weight. I never mind though as long as I have at least an extra 20 pounds in the rear of the vest on the way out.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Ok MK, I won't say nuttin. (Yeah, right. LOL) Hey, is this your first bambino? I gotsa 12 year old and anutha 10... a first year turkey hunting for the oldest... gunna be fun! So, what was your little woman's name again? l'll send her an email, copied from here. LOL

Champion... decent holo's start from about $129 and go up. The one that MK speaks of the likely to be Bushnell's Generation III model, which retails right around $279 and the Gov'ner. They are the biggest of the bunch, and very well received both in hunting and law enforcement. As far as the term "big" being misleading here, in that holo's are the smallest of lens optics on the market. Even smaller than the smallest compact pistol scopes.

As far as hefty, the holo is not going to be a weight issue, as there is very little to them. The only bad thing I could see is that it is electronic and for me, with my luck, (which is none to bad), the dang thing probably wouldn't turn on. There could be a ka-zillion of them made, all flawless except one... and guess who's get that one. Uh, that would be ME. [][:@][&o] So I stick with fixed sights, no batteries, no switches, no outta zero, no fuss no muss. Murphy's Law follows me around at the worst possible times doncha ya know.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Champlain Islander- I'll know more tomorrow when I head up to the shop. I called him this morning and asked what they go for (the newer model) and he said around $210. I'm not sure if him and I were thinking the same sight or if he's giving me a deal I'll post a pic and quote of one that another friend of mine has on his gun and maybe it will help you out with getting and idea of the size. His turkey gun is SWEEEEEEET!

Jollyarcher- This will be our first and we're getting pretty excited about it I'm not to happy with my timing of this whole having a baby thing. Her due date is April 28th which is two days before VT and 5 days before NH[] Hoping for either two weeks early or a month late[8D] You musted be real pump being your kids first year out? I can't wait for that day to come for me when I can pass down my hunting knowledge (what little I have Hope you both have an AWESOME season and you'll have to share that first gobbler with us

As far as my wifes name? You'ld be the last one to know You would blackmail me for all my hunting toys[8D]

Well today got my Holo Sight and Saddle mount back for my Franchi. I sent it to K&D Gunsmithing to get Camo Dipped to match my gun and I think they did a great job! Here is a few pics of it on my gun as I just had to get it together when I got it. They said it was the first Holo Sight they ever done and I have never heard of anyone doing it before. I think I'll be sending my Knight Barrel next along with my leupold and mounts
Old 03-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Typical Buck

Who... me? Awe, now MK, you know golly 'dern well I would do no such thing! Uh, ummm... her name's Mary ain't it? LOL. Boy, I hope I'm wrong... wouldn't want ya thinking I was a spy or sumpin'... Lemme see, MK's house... go to the fork in the road, next to the big red oak tree, then turn left... watch for that flat big rock... [8D]

That certainly is a nice looking rig your buddy has there. It looks like it was made specifically for the gun with the matching camo applied. I've been a fan of the holo style sights since their introduction. One of their best features is that the aiming dot need not be centered in the objective lens to hit your intended target. We all have been in shooting situations where we've been in a less than perfect physical position... off balance, leaning hard the wrong way, all bent up from needing to twist this way or that... you know what I mean.

The holo sight allows the shooter to acquire the target in any posistion, regardless of where the aiming point is within the scope housing and still hit point of aim. Not to mention that the sight profile is slim and the whle unit is relatively small in stature. The electronics are very sound and can take the repetitive punishment of both shotguns and centerfire weapony alike.

I have used the Bushnell Holo's on that little MP5, on a .45 caliber UMP, and on up to the heavier GK36K rifle. They are both quick and accurate. I'm just gald I didn't have to pay for them. LOL. A few buddies of mine use similar holo's on their race pistols, known as the C-More shooting system... http://www.rushusa.com/html/products/c-more.html

They function much the same way as the Bushnell Holo mentioned above.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Typical Buck

One of their best features is that the aiming dot need not be centered in the objective lens to hit your intended target. We all have been in shooting situations where we've been in a less than perfect physical position... off balance, leaning hard the wrong way, all bent up from needing to twist this way or that... you know what I mean.
I know exactly what you mean[:@] That's the number one reason I'm getting it I think it would go great on either my turkeys gun or handgun. Those C-more sights you posted! I think I've seen them at the sport club we belong to. If I see the same guy at our silhouette shoots this summer I'll have to ask him about it. Maybe that's what my wife needs on her 9mm if she's allowed to shoot IDPA with one.