Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Black Hills of SD

Old 05-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Black Hills of SD

Me and a buddy are planning a trip for the spring of 2010 to the Black Hills. So i was wondering can you buy tags over the counter or is it a draw for them. Also i could use some help on a good area to go. We will be hunting public ground. We do not want to spend money for an outfitter so we are going to do it on our own. Also when is the best time to be there. Thanks for all the help!!

Ryan
Old 05-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Black Hills of SD

Ryan,
I just got back from SD hunted out near the BadLands. We had to put in for a draw by March 6th (I believe) and got drawn on third round. Advice: go in as a group and if either of you are drawn the other automatically is, this way it is for sure that you will both get a tag if the other one does. You apply separately, one may get drawn and one may not. I harvested my first Merriam! Beautiful land in SD and an abundance of wildlife.

Bozeman