Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Team #1 "The Tominators" >

Team #1 "The Tominators"

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team #1 "The Tominators"

Old 04-19-2007, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team #1 "The Tominators"

Here's my 2007 spring gobbler.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

I'll try to get our scores updated and submitted tonight. If anyone has taken a bird and not pm'd the details to me I would appreciate if you would do that ASAP so I don't miss anything.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:36 AM

I got one this morning guys, i dont have a picture yet but i will very soon. I will also post the story later. The final score was 62.50
Old 04-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Fork Horn

I bagged my 1st turkey of the Arkansas season today at about 12:00. I work at night and got home at about 3:30 am so I just stayed up to go hunting. I did not hear or see anything this morning so at about 10:30I went to go home and decided to stop at the place where I workeda tom for 5 hrs on Sunday. Anyway, I got out of my Bronco and called real loud with my mouthcall and a tom answered my call and he sounded like he was at the same place where I last heard him on Sunday. I worked my way to him and got pretty close to him and was looking for a place to set up when I heard something coming in from my right, dang coyote.He got within about 10 yards and I yelped at him andhe finally seen me and went back the way he came. After the coyote left the tom gobbled and he was close so I just stood where I was beside a tree. It was a good thing I did not try to sit down because I caught I glimpse of him. He strutted back and fourthabout 15 yards and gobbled every time I called but would not come any closer. I knew he was about 50 yards and he got in a spot that I could see his head pretty good so I let him have it and down he went. He was a 2 year old, weighed 16.6 lbs, 9 1/2 inch beard and 5/8 inch spurs on each leg. I stepped off the distance back to where I was standing and it was 56 steps. All I can say is that my Benelli Super Black Eagle with a Simmons Pro Diamond scopeand Winchester Extended Range 3 1/2 inch #6 did the trick.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Here's my first contribution - Texas Rio Weight 16#13ozs Beard 10 3/8" Spurs 1 1/16", needle sharp spurs put my best guess that the bird was at least a 3 year old.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys i got one this morning on ohios opener. me and a good buddie have been turkey hunting together for 12 years and for the first time we got a double talk about being pumped. my digital cam. to a sh$t on me so i have to get my 35mm pics developed then ill post them heck by then i might have bird number 2. my bird was a nice 2 year old he was 22lbs 10.5 inch beard and 1 inch spurs. good job to everybody else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey team, I just got back from wyoming and south dakota. I filled my tag in both states. I'm heading up to north missouri within the hour so I dont have time to post scores. Hopefully I have another bird the next timeI check back in and post.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang guys, I'm getting jealous. How are ya'll able to hunt so many states? Lots of vacation I guess. Congrats and keep busting those beards. I know a guy down here who killed his two in La., then went to Kansas and limited out, now is in Missouri hunting, and then finishes out in Colorado. Oh, I forgot about his Arkansas hunt before the Missouri hunt. Five states sounds pretty expensive to me.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I haven't checked in for quite a while. Anyhow, PA season opens on Saturday, and then NY's season opens on Tuesday. I have the entire week off work and will be hunting nearly every day. I will hunt the opener in PA, then NY for Tuesday, PA for Wed to Saturday, and then NY again on the following Sunday. I should have a LOT of time to hunt and the turkeys are all over the place, I imagine I will probably end up with at least one, however I have 4 tags total between PA and NY. I will be almost exclusively bowhunting only out of a blind, however will be bringing a the 870 super mag as well in case I get the itch to run and gun. Will post more updates next week.

~Matt
Old 04-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Started my Minnesota hunt yesterday morning and finished it at 11:30 this morning. Stats weight 24lbs. beard 10 1/2" spurs 1" left and 1" right. Was working a different bird when this bird appreared on a newly seed field headed straight for me in a big hurry. Couldn't keep from shooting him.

Quick Reply: Team #1 "The Tominators"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.