Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Old 04-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Congrats!
Old 04-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Nice turkey TX! at least we're on the board now. Every point counts so keep up the good work!!
Old 04-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Hoytteen that camo barrel is nothing more than "NO-Mar" tape from Bass Pro. The barrels on that gun are really shiny. This took care of that problem. The tape looks almost as good in person as it does on camera. Quite a bit like me in that respect! [8D]It peels off and you can't tell it was ever there. One thing though, the instructions say peel it off right away if it gets saturated. I don't know what would happen if I hunted in a rainstorm and I don't intend to find out.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice going TX. I just put in for all Saturdays for May to take off, so w/o school and work, I can consentrate on the birds. Good luck guys.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:04 AM
Typical Buck

Nice pix HT. Nice bird TX.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice job! Calling in your first on your own is the best feeling on earth... who cares about the size / score!
Welcome Remington if you are one of our altnerates.

Saw the same group of birds I've been seeing Friday afternoon. We had our annual crowhunt Sat. and were in across the road and listened to hill behind my father's light up while setting up the crow decoys. It got pretty quiet w/ all of our shooting thought!
Our team came in 4th w/ 17 crow.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Big Congrats Greg - looks like a heck of ashot you put on that guy.I've always thought about trying some blackpowder turkey hunting - you know how that goes though - once upon a time, there was enough time.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:13 PM

congrats on the fine bird TX, M/L FOR THE BOOT TO
Old 04-02-2007, 02:36 PM

Hey, guys, it is great to be part of this team. Up here were I live in Northern New York there are tons of birds but they are just starting to get in that spring time mood again. I have been seeing more of them progressively, and heard the first gobbleI have heard yet this spring. They arebunched up witht he hens, but I figure in a week or so they will start to break upand toms will go solo. I have a good spot picked out,one where a food plot will be going so I hope I can get some toms to follow some hens in when thehens decide toeatthe seed that will be cast. I haveconfirmed 7 separate toms and nearly40 turkeys on the farm for this year. I have adandy I spotted withthe binocularswhose beard is dragging on the ground and he isnealry about to trip on it. Usually the frost makes the beards break off but not this one. He must weigh near 22 pounds and have inch spurs. I beleiev this is the bird I had called in last year until some coyotes spoiled my fun. well, if I get a crack at hime come opening day May 1st he will be up here for you all to see.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Remington,
where abouts in NY is Harrisville?
I hope you nail em!

Quick Reply: Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.