Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Old 03-29-2007, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Man, WMA - Those are some nice looking birds. Have you got the chance to really examine 'em good and close, see if there are any double-beards or limbhangers? I'm guessing they all roost nearby. Should make for an awesome hunt, b/c by May, a lot of the hens will be bred already, which might free up one of those boys to come in to investigate your calling.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have not... I have seen them from a distance. There are a couple w/ real ropes on them. They normally roost about 200 yards behind his house if they are on his side of the road.
I am the only one who hunts up there... normally...
If they are on the other side of the road they get hunted hard because it is state land and everyone sees them. So, if they are behind his house... i should have a good opening day.

The birds are generally pretty heavy. The bird I shot last year was 21#. The year before was !9# & 20#.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

GO GET THEM BIG BOYS WMA!!
Old 03-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys talk alot!
Yea this coming from a XXer. We barely stopped talking long enough to hunt.

Jepcho sorry about your loss and the rough time you area going thru.

Those stickers look awesome.

I'm getting excited about this coming season. BUt like I said before I'm not sure how much time I'm going to get. I have saturdays, except for the opener. But those are usually a circus in the places I hunt. I'm hoping I can swing a deal with work where I'll get a full mornings hunt ineach week. Wish me luck.

I have an ace in the hole spot I'm hoping I'll still have access to. I got it back in december, but the lady is a bit flaky, she may not even remember me. I hope to spend the better part of this saturday knocking on doors around my main hunting area. Tons of turkeys out there, but I only have access to a small part, and if they ain't talking there, I have no back ups close.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys I'm packed up and ready. I'm hitting the road tomorrow AM at 4:30. 2 1/2 hour drive to the public land I'll be hunting Sat. AM. I'll spend all day friday scouting although it may be a wasted effort. there are severe storms in the area that are supposed to last until sat. mid-day. I have hunted there before and know where to look for birds. maybe I can find them between storms[:@]. I'll be back Sunday night unless I fill 2 of my 4 tags before then. I hope the next time I post is good news. Wish me luck! See ya'll later! BTW, I just love camping in the rain!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck TX!!! Lay 'em out for us!

Old 03-30-2007, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck Greg - I think you're our only hunter until the end of next month. LOL We're living vicariously through you at this point.

Rybo - we'll definitely hook up one day and hit up some Greene County actionage. I just have this stupid bachelor party over the opening weekend. Luckily, we're going up to my deer camp for the entire weekend, so between the strippers, the grilling, the fireand the beer, I'll be able to get out at least for a little while on Saturday morning.

I don't care if I'm dryheaving my guts out with the worst hangover in 20 years, I've never missed a turkey opener, and this will not be the first. LOL
Old 03-30-2007, 10:04 AM

Nice pics, there W/M LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT THE BIRDS LOCATED

Good luck there TX,BAG A BIG TOM
Old 03-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fran
I will be in baltimore for the opener. We usually have a guys weekend that unfortunately always falls that weekend. Most times I hunt the morning then drive down but this year I am leaving fiday afternoon.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:00 PM

Hey I am form Harrisville, NY and I am 18, I have been hunting for 4 years. I have taken 12 birds between both seasons. I would like to join the team.

Quick Reply: Team 3 "Grave Diggers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.