Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Old 04-15-2007, 06:32 AM

Default RE: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

That's tough PSE. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you did everything right and took no chances. You controlled what you could. Don't beat yourself up. If a person hunts long enough chances are he/she will loose an animal. Great effort, stinky result, not your fault, keep trying.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Well, went out opening day and had a big ole tom coming towards my setup. It was a done deal until he reached about 75 yards. That was when another hunter in the area decided he had enough and jumped on his 4 wheeler and took off at about 400 yards from my position. The turkey just turned and went back the way he came.[:@]

Old 04-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Digi

Well, went out opening day and had a big ole tom coming towards my setup. It was a done deal until he reached about 75 yards. That was when another hunter in the area decided he had enough and jumped on his 4 wheeler and took off at about 400 yards from my position. The turkey just turned and went back the way he came.[:@]
That is a bummer , you got to hate that when it happens but when your hunt public that kinda of stuff goes on.
Don't give up yet , you still got some time , other hunters won't be out when your there all the time.
At least you still had an exciting day out in the woods.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

IT'S ON NOWMy unholy war against the turkeys has officially started. There is no love loss between me andthe birds I hunt after last year. Of course it seems they "know" where I am and what I'm doing at ALL hours of the day. Whether Im taking a bathroom break and they magically appear in the middle of a field or that they simply stop using an area that they were consistently in for the past two weeks it seems that they want this storm of fury to come upon them and so it shall!!!

Old 04-17-2007, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats the sprit Buck , go get'em and good luck
Old 04-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to get some work done at our farm this afternoon, so I unfortunately couldnt hunt. At about 6pm I was driving the ATV back to the stable, which is roughly 5-600 yards up the clear cut from the winter wheat field I hunt. I glanced that way and had to give a double take when I saw 4 gobblers within 50 yards of my blind! I had just taken a couple horses right past the blind just 45 mintues before this! [&:]I drove back up to my truck and made some calls toward them and was greeted with 3-4 gobbles before I decided to back off rather than further educate them. Im gona hunt the next 3 evennings and this coming weekend hard. Hopefully they stay on the same pattern for tomorow!

RDhunter, I took your advice and got my bow rigged up and shooting dead-on. Hopefully I can put a big longbeard on the stringer before Sunday!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great psebwhntr16
Did yo find one of those tracecher / tracker rigs or did you make one up ?
Good luck to you this week and this weekend , hope you get a big one
Old 04-18-2007, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went up to Bass Pro on Saturday and bought one. I didnt even have to move my pins when I started shooting with it. Its dead-on at 30 yards. Im itching to test it out!
Old 04-18-2007, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats Great psebwhntr16

I'm glad I was able to give you some good advice that would help you out , good luck hope it works well for you.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Monday it is on, been watching a couple of different flocks, it shouldt las to long into the season and I will be taged out.

Quick Reply: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.