Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Old 04-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Good luck Tee Jay , have fun hope you score on a big tom.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tyson, Great bird! Congrats ... I can't wait to hear the story!
heres the shortened version. I had been out 4 previous evenings and had seen birds but they never cooperated. This was my first morning hunt. I set up where some were strutting a couple evenings earlier and had those birds gobbling across the river at some crows. My dad said that they came across but I couldnt see them. Well I was just getting ready for a nap when I see a hen appear from the swamp. I folded up my chair and got on my knees in case she brought some of her boyfriends. Then I noticed another hen out in the field so I calmed down and just waited. They pecked around a bit and "left" then one showed back up and as she was facing me I thought her feathers looked weird and then she turned broadside and it was a beard. I texted my dad "dead bird walking" so he could watch from the truck with his binos. With one last look at her with my binos to make sure it was a beard I got ready. She passed once by my window out of view so I nocked an arrow with attached gobbler guillotine. She came back with her head up the whole time so I leaned out of view and drew back in the hardest position I could think of (thank God for adrenaline)and leaned back into view. Got her head in my sights and WUMP down she went! It was amazing the power those broadheads have. Just too bad it wasnt a big tom, but I wont complain. May 5 I'll be heading back out with my cousin to try to get some with "the mallard" (my shotgun). I hope all of you who havent tagged one yet have as good of luck as I have had!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Fellas.........I will be out thursday thru sunday and I am getting ready. I went out this morning with my buddy and nephew for a youth hunt but his place was uneventfull. I will keep you posted about the up coming week and I will be placing alot of posts those days. Good luck to the rest of you!!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:05 AM

Our season starts Wednesday and I'll be out all day...I'm definately excited about my first season! Talked to a buddy that took his little brother out for our Indiana Youth Weekend and he said that all the toms were already henned up so we will see how this goes....happy hunting fellas
Old 04-23-2007, 07:16 AM

Like MossyOak, my season starts on Wednesday as well. I have the first 5 days to do nothing but hunt. I had been watching three different birds and I knew where they were roosting and everything, but now they seemed to have disappeared. The weather is supposed tbe horrible, thunderstorms all week, but that will not stop me from being out there. Good luck to all and lets win this thing!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got one 24.2 lbs, 2 beards, 9.5" and 4.5", both 3/4" spurs. I will get some pics on here tonight.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go Tee Jay , congrats on a double bearded tom , thats a real good way to score.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Got one 24.2 lbs, 2 beards, 9.5" and 4.5", both 3/4" spurs. I will get some pics on here tonight.
Awesome TJ .... you called it right! Looking forward to the pics!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great work!! I am not looking forward to the weather coming up but I will brave the elements!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

need a email so someone can post. I am a retard with a puter.

Quick Reply: Team 8 "The Snoodlers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.