Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Confusing Turkey hunt?

Old 11-12-2006, 06:12 PM

Default Confusing Turkey hunt?

I was hunting for turkey last spring by a river with 2 intersecting trails. I sat behind the wooded corner of the intersection but he good sight if were the birds would come in. I started to hear gobbles like crazy. There must of been 4 or 5 jakes and toms. I got ready for a shot. I was aimed at the spot they were coming down. Closer and closer they came. They were about 30 yards from where the river. There was no way they could see me there was to many trees and to much brush. once they came that close they just stopped calling. A few minuets later they stareted calling way off. What could have happend here? I think that a coyote ot something pushed them out.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Confusing Turkey hunt?

A few minuets later they stareted calling way off. What could have happend here? I think that a coyote ot something pushed them out.
It could be they saw some hot hens and followed them.
After all when they gobble it is a call to the hens to come here.

JMHO
Old 11-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Confusing Turkey hunt?

like he said they could have saw some hot hens but you could allso be right when we were turkey hunting a coyte spoked them but the flew in a tree so i would imagine if something spoked them they would have ran fast or flew so you would have noticed