Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Slob "Hunters"..................... >

Slob "Hunters".....................

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Slob "Hunters".....................

Old 04-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default Slob "Hunters".....................

really piss me off. I hate to even use the word Hunters to describe them, because that's not what they are. (Sadly though, they are grouped as such) Anyway, me and my hunting buddy were set up the other day and were rudly intruded upon. We had gotten set-up about 20 min before a hint of daylight and felt pretty good about our set-up. The birds weren't gobbling, but they used the area often and would've probably shown up at some time of the morning. About 45 min or so after daylight, I made some calls and heard yelping back. I called again and they yelped back. I asked my buddy if that was a hen or somebody. He said he couldn't tell, so I told him to get turned that way in case it was a hen and she had a gobbler in tow. After he got turned around, he saw their truck. Well, we sat there a few minutes and decided our hunt was pretty much messed up so we left. I didn't recognize the type vehicle as anyone in the club so we followed their direction. Anyway, we caught up to them. Come to find out, it was my wife's cousin (member) and his cousin (club president's nephew). They said they saw my truck and figured there was a posibility they could mess me up but I may have been somewhere else. I asked them if they knew what footprints looked like and if they could tell the difference between a heel and a toe. I also told them from now on, if they see a gate open, pick another place to go or if they must go down that road, keep going until out of that area. They said they were just trying to drive one up before work. What the heck is that???? One of them (nephew) messed me up a couple years ago and then went down the road a bit further and shot one. I think it was off the roost, but he swears it wasn't. It was about the time of the morning where it could have been either way. There is a happy ending to our hunt though, my buddy and I got something to eatand set-up away from there and I called a nice 2 yr old in for him on my box call I made and he took his first bird after chasing them for 4 yrs. Man was that cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Slob "Hunters".....................

Glad to here you had a happy ending.
I can feel your frustration,I've had that happen to me on a couple occasion's.
Bring it up at your next meeting don't mention name's but maybe it will stick in the back of people's minds,The guilty parties will know who they are.
Hope the rest of your season goes well.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

My father in law and I were hunting on our private property, when he spotted two guys sitting in a pine thicket calling, so he walked to them sniper style and tapped the younger guy on the shoulder and asked him if he had permission to be on the property, he said yeah and gavethe wrong name of the owner. So he told them nicley to leave and to make sure not to come busting up through the field where I was set up in my blind bow hunting. Well sure enough here they come, knocked my decoys over and walked right through the field.
Old 04-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your friend!
Old 04-01-2006, 07:11 PM

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]Try hunting public land here in SC during the first week of the season.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 04-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Oh it irratates me when others are rude like that. At least it was a happy ending
Old 04-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats to your friend.I'm feeling you.I've seen more trucks,than I've heard gobbles in the last week.There is one bird,thatme and my wifehave been after since opening day,and people must be following my tire tracks,cause this morning there was 2 trucks spread out along the road,when I left.There were 5 other people around this foodplot where the bird has been hanging out.I was there first,but this is public land,and since these guys don't want to show any respect,I think it's time to get with it.They sat on the foodplot yelping at me,so I gobbled with my shaker just to mess with them,but after I could tell they seriously thought I was a turkey I blew my crow at them.Then my friend went down a path next to the other truck,and the guy was set up in a blind in the open,and had a bunch of decoys out on the road.Which hunting on the road is ILLEGAL where we are at.I have the bird figured out,it's just hoping I have enough time to get it done.Good luck to you.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about the 'intrusion'.... what an excuse! [:@]

Anyway, glad it turned out good for you! [8D]