Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Slob Hunters!

Old 01-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Slob Hunters!

A buddy and I hunted Millwood Lake in AR, this morning and due to the fact there were only 3 or 4 boats out hunting, we didn't fire a shot. The ducks didn't have to fly. After we quit, we eased aroung and jumped ducks from everywhere. There just wasn't enough traffic to get them moving...........anyway..

When we got to the boat ramp, I let my lab out and he went to do his duty. As we were getting the boat laoded, he brought me a ringneck. I looked around and found 2 more laying in the weeds beside the road that comes past the ramp. I thought they had just been thrown there, but I just looked at them and they are ruined and starting to smell bad. I brought them home to get them away from there.

I talked to another hunter who was coming out and he said he has seen ducks laying there on other occasions.......he said he didn't know who was doing it.

Who ever is out there killing ducks they never intend to eat, need to caught, fined, and banned from duck hunting.

I'm going to get ahold of Jackie Runion(local game warden) and see who's over Millwood........undoubtedly someone needs to check some folks up there.

If I catch someone throwing some ducks away at the boat ramp, one of us is gonna wear a ass whipping!
Old 01-13-2004, 07:27 PM

Default RE: Slob Hunters!

I can understand your point, thats just plain ..[insert choice words here]..!If you shoot something put it to use, if your not going to use it, don't shoot it.Afterall, the main point of hunting is to use your game for a meal, isn't that the origin of hunting,"food for the pot" so to speak.True, I am a trophy hunter when it comes to big game, but birds??I use every bit of the big game that I can, but my pride is in the trophy/horns, thats all thats left after the meat is gone.To shoot a bird and not use it at all, well that just boils my blood!!!!The more time I spend in the field, the more respect I have for the wildlife and the less I have for the human race.Supposedly, we are the most intellegent beings on the planet, but after reading things like that, I've really got to wonder, are we???Sorry to say, we could take a lot of lessons from our "wild" friends!!
Old 01-14-2004, 07:24 AM

Plain stupid, just stupid and irresponsible. I hope they get caught and dealt with. Preferably by and ass whooping, cause criminals just aren't given hard enough fines.[:@]
Old 01-14-2004, 05:51 PM

The three of you already answering this post mirror my feelings. If I ever caught some a------ doing this with any game they will be answering in a court or the very least a warden. I'm a little too old to talk about some ass whupping so I will turn them in to a warden.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

I agree, thats just disgraceful to hunters. I hope they get caught and delt with.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

I abosolutly cannot STAND people like that, they weren't even smart enough to cover their tracks!!! They left the birds sitting around the launch/landing. If they even cared about what might happen to them the would have takin them home then did waever they wanted to with them. [:@][:'(]
Old 01-17-2004, 12:07 PM

while driving around looking for new duck hunting spots we found a few mallards hangin in trees on the side of the road. about 200 yards from the boat ramp. We got out and took them down and thre them in the ditch where no one could see them. Its bad enough for people to waste the animals, but even worse to display them to any no-hunters out there.
Old 02-15-2004, 06:54 PM

speaking about slob hunters try catching a c/o and a city police chief poaching ducks and geese!!!!!! and turning them in!!!!! its been pretty fun!!!!
Old 02-15-2004, 09:49 PM

Have any of you seen the movie The Life of David Gale? In the movie a anti death penalty advocate played by Kevin Spacey let's himself get executed in an elaborate scheme involving the murder of another anti DP advocate. After his death it is then revealed that the murder was sucide and he was innocent pushing public sentiment towards the anti positition.

Do you think some of these stories about the wasting of game is actually the work of anti-hunting groups trying to create media coverage about gross wastes of wildlife (like hanging dead ducks in a tree off the road)? Could they be so desperate that they would go to an extreme length (even against their own ideology) to make hunters look bad and possibly shift public sentiment?

Personally I think it is slob poachers (they don't deserve to be called hunters) but the actions ofthese people is so beyond my comprehension that it makes me wonder why people act this way? For example, some guys in Oregon just got a BS slap on the wrist for dumping forty dead but intact geese off a road. The cops found the geese and a few days later the morons turned themsleves in. The court date was last week and they will not loose their hunting privledges and to add insult to injury the fine money went to the US Humane Society. The story made it up to Washington and the news paper called these guys hunters but in my opinion they are parasites sucking the hunting privledge and opportunity away from decent people.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:42 AM

As a proud water fowler i would just like to say i am disgusted by these kinds of diplays they give any hunter a bad name! Im 17 years old and have only been hunting ducks for about 4 years and it really boils my blood to hear about slobs wasting ducks. If people like this manage to get ducks they can waste i say give thier hunting privelliges and Blinds to hunters like me who dont get enough ducks to waste. i just really hate hearing about stuff like this. thanks for posting that ARMallard slayer, we should all do what we can to put bozos like this in jail. thanks for listening.
And dont worry drgildy im still plenty young enough to hand out the whoopin of a lifetime to anyone i caught wasting game!
-sincerely,
a concerned young waterfowler

Quick Reply: Slob Hunters!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.