HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Slob "Hunters".....................
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 06:55 AM
Gobbling Buck
Typical Buck

Default Slob "Hunters".....................

really piss me off. I hate to even use the word Hunters to describe them, because that's not what they are. (Sadly though, they are grouped as such) Anyway, me and my hunting buddy were set up the other day and were rudly intruded upon. We had gotten set-up about 20 min before a hint of daylight and felt pretty good about our set-up. The birds weren't gobbling, but they used the area often and would've probably shown up at some time of the morning. About 45 min or so after daylight, I made some calls and heard yelping back. I called again and they yelped back. I asked my buddy if that was a hen or somebody. He said he couldn't tell, so I told him to get turned that way in case it was a hen and she had a gobbler in tow. After he got turned around, he saw their truck. Well, we sat there a few minutes and decided our hunt was pretty much messed up so we left. I didn't recognize the type vehicle as anyone in the club so we followed their direction. Anyway, we caught up to them. Come to find out, it was my wife's cousin (member) and his cousin (club president's nephew). They said they saw my truck and figured there was a posibility they could mess me up but I may have been somewhere else. I asked them if they knew what footprints looked like and if they could tell the difference between a heel and a toe. I also told them from now on, if they see a gate open, pick another place to go or if they must go down that road, keep going until out of that area. They said they were just trying to drive one up before work. What the heck is that???? One of them (nephew) messed me up a couple years ago and then went down the road a bit further and shot one. I think it was off the roost, but he swears it wasn't. It was about the time of the morning where it could have been either way. There is a happy ending to our hunt though, my buddy and I got something to eatand set-up away from there and I called a nice 2 yr old in for him on my box call I made and he took his first bird after chasing them for 4 yrs. Man was that cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!