Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Please don't be a slob!

Old 12-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Please don't be a slob!

We as hunters get a bad rap from many people. It just makes it worse when some hunters discard their deer carcasses on the side of the road or at dumpsters. I was driving home from work last week and on the side of the highway, actually an interstate, was an ice chest with deer carcasses spilling out of it. Just about every dumpster I drive by there are carcasses scattered around. We have enough trouble with anti-hunters as it is. We don't need to make it worse. Just drag the carcass off in the woods. I promise it won't go to waste. I'm sure most of you on this forum don't dump your carcasses on the side of the road, but if you do, take the time to drag them off. I don't know, this may be more of a problem in the south.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Please don't be a slob!

I just dumped part of my last carcass into my stomach. Mmm...

Foxes, buzzards and other critters will certainly enjoy a dead deer, but I think it's in terribly bad taste not to eat the meat or at least give/sell it to someone who will. I don't take kindly to killing for the sake of killing.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually I'm talking about the carcass after the deer has been cleaned. Someone who shoots a deer and leaves it is a loser.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

I KNow what you mean superstrutter i live in a rual area of east tn and it seems like every pull off area on the roads are littered with deer hides and rib cages.I perssoonal take every thing off the deer that i would normaly throw away and feed it to my dogs,except the hide and gut...And when they are done with them,if anything is left i will go and pick it up and burry it with the hide.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:34 PM

Last week about a mile north of my stand I found 2 deer carcasses laying on the ground complety dismembered, it was rediculous![:@]
Old 12-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Typical Buck

What does everyone do with the carcasses? After I am dome butchering I drag it out in the woods (if on someone elses property I ask permission to do so first) and let the scavengers have at the rest. Last carcass I drug out I checked to see if anything had got to it and it was completely gone in 3 days.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:16 PM

I take my deer carcass down the road from my house, I either throw it in the creek or drive back onto some private property that I hunt andlet the critters have at it. Deer carcass can make good coyote bait.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:17 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to Jackson County. Three or four carcasses in every section of the county. I wish deer hunting came before the leaves allfell. At least then all the bags of leaves the city folks dump out here in the countryside might cover the carcasses!
Old 12-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i throw mine in a local deep creek. this way the turtles and catfish can eat
Old 12-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Actually I'm talking about the carcass after the deer has been cleaned. Someone who shoots a deer and leaves it is a loser.
Ah, I got you now. It's never been a bad problem where I hunt. Most people either dumptheir carcasses in the county landfill, call the trash company to get them, or (like me) let the butcher worry about it.

Quick Reply: Please don't be a slob!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.