Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Moultrie Customer Service - Thumbs Up! >

Moultrie Customer Service - Thumbs Up!

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie Customer Service - Thumbs Up!

Old 10-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultrie Customer Service - Thumbs Up!

Well, I was dreading sending in my I-40 to moultrie for service because hunting season is just around the corner and I was also worried I might get a 2008 camera back instead of my 2007 that from all reports is a better camera than the 2008 models.

I sent it back because the LCD display was pretty much completely out, I couldn't read anything on the screen anymore.

I sent it priority mail on Thursday, October 16th to Moultrie. Per the delivery confirmation it shows that they received it on Monday the 20th. I just got the camera back today. To me that's a pretty quick turn around.

I did get my actual camera back. I'm pretty happy about that. It looks like they just swapped out the LCD and sent it back to me. That's the only negative thing, per their website they say "Any item repaired by Moultrie Feeders will receive a one-year extended warranty from date of service." They didn't give me any receipt or anything indicating that they did any service on it. I guess I'll just keep the return postage label on the box as my new warranty proof date.

The camera seems to work fine and it will be going back to the property this weekend for opening day of deer season. Now I have to figure out where I'm going to put it since I went ahead and bought a Stealth I590 thinking it would be awhile before I got the I-40 back!

Just thought I would report a positive experience.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moultrie Customer Service - Thumbs Up!

Good for you....I have a few guys that hunt with me that have had problems with their D-40's and moultrie has beenon top of things when theyhad issues with their's....Glad to hear yougot it back and it is working, get us some good pic's!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

P.S. - I found the packing slip taped to the outside of the box with the warranty reciept showing what work had been done! I feel pretty stupid on that one! The only drawback is that they upgraded my software and I had not upgraded it intentionally because I wasn't getting any white outs anyway and from what I understand after the upgrade it is more likely to take an IR picture in low light conditions than try to take a color picture.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya about the upgrade, mine has always stayed in the IR mode a little late but I have it in a shady spot. I can still see what it is and get good pic's they are just in black and white....About the first 30min of the day!!! Not too bad IMO...Hopefully yours won't be a big problem!!!!