Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Which camera?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which camera?

I am sure this has been beat into the ground, but i want to get a decent trail camera i was just wanting opinions on different cameras and what you would recomend. right now i have a moultrie d40 but i dont like the fact that it is triggered by movement during the day dont like all the tree limb pictures i get.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which camera?

you're gonna get false triggers with most cameras especially on hot days. Try a camera with adjustable sensitivity like the covert cams. Set them to low sensitivity. most false trigers should be eliminated but you'll still get fast trigger times on large animals like deer.
www.covertscoutingcamera.com
Old 10-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which camera?

As for the triggers, you always have to keep in mind your surroundings. Windy days with tree limbs, leaves and brush moving in front of the camera within its sensor range will trigger it as well as setting on a small tree that can sway with the wind.I tend to like the HCO Scout Guard SG550 with adjustable sensitivity from low to normal to high. Keep in mind that on hot days, sensitivity should be set higher and in the cold winters sensitivity should be lowered. Heat detection becomes more difficult on hot days as the ambient temperature gets close to the animal, set to high. Cold days shows a broader difference in ambient temperatures to animals thus setting to low sensitivity. Hope this helps.............