Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Im frustrated

Old 08-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default Im frustrated

I ordered a stealth cam from cabelas about 3 weeks ago. When I got it I was so stoked went out and put it in the woods and came back 4 days later to check the pics.............................. there were 3 pics on the camera [>:]. Needless to say i was not very pleased with this, it had taked one of me setting the camera and one night time pic with nothing on it and one during the day with nothing on it neather, all of my yellow acorns were gone and deer sign all over the place. So I sent it back and ordered Moultrie I60, I just got the camera in the other day and decided to go hang it,when I got to the club and started heading for my stand the whole place was flooded. On my way to the stand I passed a man in a boat on the powerlines fishing thats how high the water was. I cant stand hurricane season [:@], Thanks Tropical storm Fay!!!! Needless to say ill have to wait another week before I can get my camera out there if im lucky.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Im frustrated

Man, that is bad news. Hang in there, you have a pretty good camera now, maybe you will get some pic's next week....I have the I-40 and have been very happy with it thus far, only had it out for a few months but it has been a good camera so far!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah thats what I heard and read about on the camera I just cant wait any longer its killing me.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

we also got 20 inches of rain in 3 days from Fay
Old 08-31-2008, 07:39 AM
Typical Buck

If we got that much the whole town of Folkston would be under water.
Old 09-01-2008, 12:13 AM

Yes, I can relate to the inticipation of pics from my deer camera. I started using deer cam last year and have learned through trial and error. I have some favorite deer areas that I place deer cams and had to trim branches that blow in the wind to reduce false triggers of the scenic woods.
I read an article recently and the writers opinion was to mount scouting cams high and angle the camera down. The article suggested that the higher the better. Imount my camera about 4-5 feet but I may try the articles suggestions.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

I bought my first one last year, I had it tillsome low down dirty treaspassing theif stole the thang from me, so this year im gonna hook em up with some spikes and flatten his four wheeler tires. its gonna cost him more than what that camera cost me thats for sure. I made sure I bought a security box for the one I bought this year, at least if your gonna steal this one your gonna have to bring the whole work chest with you in the woods.