Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Please Help Me with a Survey for School >

Please Help Me with a Survey for School

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Please Help Me with a Survey for School

Old 05-19-2008, 08:45 PM
EnW

Default Please Help Me with a Survey for School

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate your help with a market research project for my management class. Please complete the poll and answer the following questions:

[ol][*] Do you shoot carbon, aluminum, or wood arrows?[*]How often do you buy arrows and how many do you usually purchase?[*]In what ways can your current arrow be improved upon?[*]Do you prefer plastic or feather fletches?[*]If you shoot either carbon or aluminum arrows, would you ever consider shooting wooden arrows?[*]Are you satisfied with your current arrow maker?[*]Do you buy arrows from an online auction site?[*]Do you buy arrows from an online manufacturer?[*]Do you think tapered arrows are superior to parallel arrows?[*]Do you prefer a no frills arrow or one dipped, crested, etc.?[*]Is the market too saturated with custom arrow builders? [/ol]
Old 05-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Please Help Me with a Survey for School

[ol][*] Do you shoot carbon, aluminum, or wood arrows? Aluminum[*]How often do you buy arrows and how many do you usually purchase? 2 dozen every 4 years[*]In what ways can your current arrow be improved upon? Preventive maintenance and price[*]Do you prefer plastic or feather fletches? Feathers[*]If you shoot either carbon or aluminum arrows, would you ever consider shooting wooden arrows? Yes[*]Are you satisfied with your current arrow maker? Absolutely[*]Do you buy arrows from an online auction site? No[*]Do you buy arrows from an online manufacturer? Not yet[*]Do you think tapered arrows are superior to parallel arrows? No[*]Do you prefer a no frills arrow or one dipped, crested, etc.? Don't matter[*]Is the market too saturated with custom arrow builders? No [/ol]
Old 05-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

1. Do you shoot carbon, aluminum, or wood arrows? Yes. I shoot all three, depending on the bow and the mood I'm in. I'm more likely to shoot aluminum or carbon from my recurve; more likely to shoot aluminum or wood with my longbow; wood only for my selfbows.

2. How often do you buy arrows and how many do you usually purchase? Usually 2 dozen per year.

3. In what ways can your current arrow be improved upon? They don't always hit where I intend for them to hit. They've got too many misses built into 'em. [8D] Really, the only arrow complaint I've got is with carbon. I want improvements in straightness and consistency in spine and weight.

4. Do you prefer plastic or feather fletches? Feathers

5. If you shoot either carbon or aluminum arrows, would you ever consider shooting wooden arrows? I shot wood for 25 years before my first aluminum arrow. 40 years before my first carbon arrow. I still shoot them because I love the way the bow feels when shooting wood arrows and they work just fine - as long as you do your maintenance.

6. Are you satisfied with your current arrow maker? Gotta be, 'cuz he's ME.

7. Do you buy arrows from an online auction site? No

8. Do you buy arrows from an online manufacturer? No, but I do buy raw shafts and arrowmaking materials online.

9. Do you think tapered arrows are superior to parallel arrows? Probably, but not enough for me to justify the extra cost.

10. Do you prefer a no frills arrow or one dipped, crested, etc.? No frills, because I make my own and I'm too lazy to do all that extra work to make 'em pretty. Gotta be honest about it. I do like pretty arrows though.

11. Is the market too saturated with custom arrow builders? No, I don't think so. The custom arrow makers might think otherwise.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: EnW

Hello everyone,

I would appreciate your help with a market research project for my management class. Please complete the poll and answer the following questions:

[ol][*]Do you shoot carbon, aluminum, or wood arrows? Carbon and Wood[*]How often do you buy arrows and how many do you usually purchase? Once a year, a couple dozen[*]In what ways can your current arrow be improved upon? I make my own, so no improvement[*]Do you prefer plastic or feather fletches? Feather[*]If you shoot either carbon or aluminum arrows, would you ever consider shooting wooden arrows? See question 1[*]Are you satisfied with your current arrow maker? Yes[*]Do you buy arrows from an online auction site? No, I buy from a supplier[*]Do you buy arrows from an online manufacturer? No, I buy from a supplier[*]Do you think tapered arrows are superior to parallel arrows? I have shot both and NO[*]Do you prefer a no frills arrow or one dipped, crested, etc.? No frills[*]Is the market too saturated with custom arrow builders? No[/ol]
Old 05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

[ol][*]Do you shoot carbon, aluminum, or wood arrows? Usually wood[*]How often do you buy arrows and how many do you usually purchase? varies[*]In what ways can your current arrow be improved upon? price[*]Do you prefer plastic or feather fletches? feather[*]If you shoot either carbon or aluminum arrows, would you ever consider shooting wooden arrows?[*]Are you satisfied with your current arrow maker? yes[*]Do you buy arrows from an online auction site? rarely[*]Do you buy arrows from an online manufacturer? rarely[*]Do you think tapered arrows are superior to parallel arrows? no[*]Do you prefer a no frills arrow or one dipped, crested, etc.? both[*]Is the market too saturated with custom arrow builders? no[/ol]
Old 05-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Banned

[ol][*]Do you shoot carbon, aluminum, or wood arrows? carbon[*]How often do you buy arrows and how many do you usually purchase? 2-3 dozen each year[*]In what ways can your current arrow be improved upon? I want to see a carbon that has a factory reflective "cap" about 12" from the nock. [*]Do you prefer plastic or feather fletches? I make my own turkey fletching[*]If you shoot either carbon or aluminum arrows, would you ever consider shooting wooden arrows? I've shot woods, as poorly as I shoot I need ultra consistant arrows. I've made a lot of woods, just have better luck tuning/shooting carbons[*]Are you satisfied with your current arrow maker? Beman, yes[*]Do you buy arrows from an online auction site? sometimes[*]Do you buy arrows from an online manufacturer? sometimes[*]Do you think tapered arrows are superior to parallel arrows? no opinion[*]Do you prefer a no frills arrow or one dipped, crested, etc.? currently my arrows are capped with 3M reflective tape, and then the feathers I really like either fletch tape of a bonding adhesive. Fletchtite sucks[*]Is the market too saturated with custom arrow builders? I build my own[/ol]

let me add, I shoot a lot of the 1970's Graphlex arrows that I've bought off EBAY and message boards. Super tough, heavy, and I literally glue a 3: piece of aluminum shaft to the tip, giving me an almost indestrucible arrow and more FOC. Weird looking arrows but they are heavy, shoot great, impervious to weather .... either those of my ICS 500 shafs with carbon insters (my #1 arrows as of right now)
Old 05-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

[ol][*]carbon, aluminum, or wood arrows? Both, but usually aluminum.[*]How often do you buy arrows and how many do you usually purchase? I usually buy shafts. On average, I may bust a dozen and a halfin a year. I buy more then that though. [*]In what ways can your current arrow be improved upon? Not sure.[*]Do you prefer plastic or feather fletches? Feather only.[*]If you shoot either carbon or aluminum arrows, would you ever consider shooting wooden arrows? Yes, and I do.[*]Are you satisfied with your current arrow maker? Yup, it's usually me.[*]Do you buy arrows from an online auction site? No[*]Do you buy arrows from an online manufacturer? I have bought from both online and non-online, manufacter and non-manufacturer.[*]Do you think tapered arrows are superior to parallel arrows? Superior no, better - yes and they are prefered.[*]Do you prefer a no frills arrow or one dipped, crested, etc.? Dipped and crested no doubt. Even footed.[*]Is the market too saturated with custom arrow builders? Na.[/ol]

Old 05-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

[ol][*]Do you shoot carbon, aluminum, or wood arrows? YES ALL 3[*]How often do you buy arrows and how many do you usually purchase? I BUY THEM WHENINEED THEM. A DOZEN LASTS ME QUITE A WHILE. EXCEPT WOODS. I SNAP THEM EASILY.[*]In what ways can your current arrow be improved upon? I DON'T THINK IT CAN BE[*]Do you prefer plastic or feather fletches? BOTH. FEATHER FOR TRAD GEAR, PLASTIC FOR COMPOUND[*]If you shoot either carbon or aluminum arrows, would you ever consider shooting wooden arrows? I'M PROBABLY DONE SHOOTING WOODS AFTER I BREAK THE LAST ONES I HAVE.[*]Are you satisfied with your current arrow maker? I HOPE SO. I'M HIM. EXCEPT FOR THE WOODS, AND YES THE GUY WHO MADE THEM DID AN INCREDIBLE JOB.[*]Do you buy arrows from an online auction site? NO[*]Do you buy arrows from an online manufacturer? NO[*]Do you think tapered arrows are superior to parallel arrows? ??????[*]Do you prefer a no frills arrow or one dipped, crested, etc.? NO FRILLS[*]Is the market too saturated with custom arrow builders? DON'T KNOW. PROBABLY NOT[/ol]
Old 05-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

[ol][*]Do you shoot carbon, aluminum, or wood arrows? carbon[*]How often do you buy arrows and how many do you usually purchase? 12 every 6 months[*]In what ways can your current arrow be improved upon?well mine cant to me[*]Do you prefer plastic or feather fletches? i shot platic vanes on compund and feathers on my recurve[*]If you shoot either carbon or aluminum arrows, would you ever consider shooting wooden arrows? i would shot wood with my revurve[*]Are you satisfied with your current arrow maker? yes[*]Do you buy arrows from an online auction site? no[*]Do you buy arrows from an online manufacturer? no[*]Do you think tapered arrows are superior to parallel arrows?Do you prefer a no frills arrow or one dipped, crested, etc.? i dont matter as long as all m arrows are the same[*]Is the market too saturated with custom arrow builders? not really but i do re fletch my own so[/ol]