Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

"The Survey Says"!

Old 02-25-2002, 11:26 AM

Default "The Survey Says"!

Ok guys and gals, I know the season is over spring is around the corner and waterfowl hunting is the furthest item in our minds. However I would like to take a survey and publish my results with you. The Question “Which Shotgun do you hunt waterfowl with?” I had the pleasure of conversing with you fellow hunters about which shotgun I should buy. It was like a science project with variables, conditions, and procedures among others tangibles, which led me to this survey question. Keeping in mind buying a shotgun has some key items.
Example the brand, is to self-expression (hypotheses), pump or auto is to conditions, gauge is to purpose, barrel length is to variables, choke is to direct variables and price is to controlling factors. Who knows it could be fun and informative. Thanks

Old 02-25-2002, 11:33 AM

Default RE: "The Survey Says"!

I'll start. remington 11-87 12ga 3.5 28" mod, midrange price for auto.
Old 02-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

i use two mainly
rem 870 12g 28" with either mod or full choke
moss 12g 28" only mod (swamp gun)
both are pumps, the reason is a pump is easy to field strip and reassemble 2 miles into a marsh.
ive watched to many auto's become single shots because of one spring.
hope that helps.
Old 02-25-2002, 05:40 PM

right nascar88, my backup is rem870 wing 3" 28"mod. OK folks, lots of looks, so put your 2cents in.
Old 02-26-2002, 05:41 AM

Lets GO, put your vote IN. Thanks
Old 02-26-2002, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

vert, these guys are waterfowlers here, they look at the threads while still clinging to last years season.... not believing its really over. most a little sad some are still in mourning. they will loosen up.... patience...
Old 02-26-2002, 07:52 AM
Spike

Nas your more than likely right about being in mourning. Coming in to work I'm driving east into a beautiful red colored sunrise when outside of Readen over the lake is a couple flocks of what looked like Mallards circling for a landing and on the lake must have been 30 or 40 geese. JUst make the old heart pump and wish I had my old 870 2-3/4 12ga and the kids with me. Sneaky HUH got in my favorite shotgun is rem. and mentioned my kids.

CALL EM IN CLOSE AND SHOOT THEM IN THE EYES
Old 02-26-2002, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

main gun, sbe

back up, 3" 870

back up for the back up, 2.75" win 1500
i don't stock steel shells for this last one.
Old 02-26-2002, 05:28 PM

Mourning I believe you. I just may be there soon. Here in Maryland I have been working at this old abandon racetrack (owner rep/business partner) since 1985. It is 42 acres with over 1000 ac of open space surrounding the property. The whole track of land backs up to the putuxant river watershed. Though we have done everything in this world to resurrect this place from a shopping center to a transportation center and the last stab to reopen the racetrack for highway avoidance anti-terrorist, driver training course. (I’m former police still working with them as a civilian). We have been using this place as our/my own hunting preserve. Since I stated working at this place we cleaned in up opened the drainage areas planted wild rice, Milo and spots of corn throughout the property. Our marsh, which is apx 680,000 ft square, has come alive with waterfowl and aquatic life. We now have beavers and they have done what I could never do with a backhoe. The resident Canadians have already started paring off and making nests. What a site when an established couple stakes their claim to their territory, what a fight. It is so good to see what we have accomplished with this old place by preserving it and bringing it back to natural life. Well as the faiths have it we are at our last straw and the owner needs to sell the property. To be with one place for so long, when that day comes I will defiantly be in mourning.
Old 02-27-2002, 10:04 AM

I use 870 3.5" synthetic 26" barrel usually mod. choke with 4's, 3's, and 2's as main shot used. Great gun, very reliable and tough, been through mud, water, ice without a hitch. I love it, although I don't have much choice with what I can afford being in college, but I'm sure it will always stand as at least a reliable backup if not more.

Quick Reply: "The Survey Says"!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.