HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Please Help Me with a Survey for School
Old 05-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Please Help Me with a Survey for School

1. Do you shoot carbon, aluminum, or wood arrows? Yes. I shoot all three, depending on the bow and the mood I'm in. I'm more likely to shoot aluminum or carbon from my recurve; more likely to shoot aluminum or wood with my longbow; wood only for my selfbows.

2. How often do you buy arrows and how many do you usually purchase? Usually 2 dozen per year.

3. In what ways can your current arrow be improved upon? They don't always hit where I intend for them to hit. They've got too many misses built into 'em. [8D] Really, the only arrow complaint I've got is with carbon. I want improvements in straightness and consistency in spine and weight.

4. Do you prefer plastic or feather fletches? Feathers

5. If you shoot either carbon or aluminum arrows, would you ever consider shooting wooden arrows? I shot wood for 25 years before my first aluminum arrow. 40 years before my first carbon arrow. I still shoot them because I love the way the bow feels when shooting wood arrows and they work just fine - as long as you do your maintenance.

6. Are you satisfied with your current arrow maker? Gotta be, 'cuz he's ME.

7. Do you buy arrows from an online auction site? No

8. Do you buy arrows from an online manufacturer? No, but I do buy raw shafts and arrowmaking materials online.

9. Do you think tapered arrows are superior to parallel arrows? Probably, but not enough for me to justify the extra cost.

10. Do you prefer a no frills arrow or one dipped, crested, etc.? No frills, because I make my own and I'm too lazy to do all that extra work to make 'em pretty. Gotta be honest about it. I do like pretty arrows though.

11. Is the market too saturated with custom arrow builders? No, I don't think so. The custom arrow makers might think otherwise.