Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Bow mouted quiver..... >

Bow mouted quiver.....

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bow mouted quiver.....

Old 04-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bow mouted quiver.....

MY quiver isn't slipping.....no chance of that. It's solid where it is (built up with camo tape where it sits. It may have something to do with how far apart my two piece quiver pieces are. That's a thought.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:48 AM

I'm not sure what could be causing it then, over than vibration.. What brand quiver do you use?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:50 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I sure wouldn't climb in a tree stand with my bow or arrows. I pull em up.
I never have either, BC....but good catch. Thanks. I hadn't looked at it that way.

I want to make sure I have a follow up arrow if needed......REALLY handy.

So.....feathers UP in a bow mounted quiver is "OK" or is it "std"? IS there a "std"?

Thanks guys!
I figured point down would work better for you. when i used a quiver, I alway had it point up. But that didnt' last long.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Dominant Buck

It's a selway slide on.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Keep practicing with the quiver you have on Jeff if you like it as much as you say you do. In time your arrows will go where there suppose to.
I think you misunderstood me, Schultzy. I'm having issues with the arrows coming out of the quiver! My bad.

Here's a question that'll show ya'll how new I am to this, though......feather end "up" or "down" on bow mounted quiver? I hope I have it right.
Sorry about that Jeff. I guess I've never had issues with the arrows coming loose in mine that often. The quiver I use is called a Delta. Its a one piece quiver that has velcro straps on each end that I wrap around the very top and bottom part of the riser. Its not in contact with the limbs at all. On my Delta quiver where the arrows snap into the quiver there's little screw's that I can loosen or tighten to keep the arrows from moving. The tighter the screws are tightened the harder it is to get the arrows out and also harder to put them in. The feathers are in the down position on my quiver as well. I've always had it like that when I shot compounds as well. Here are some pics of how mine is attatched.

This pic is the sta-jac (arrow holder) I use also and you can see how its mounted.

Bottom of the quiver. Notice the screws I was talking about

Top of the quiver.

Another picture of it.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

MY quiver isn't slipping.....no chance of that. It's solid where it is (built up with camo tape where it sits. It may have something to do with how far apart my two piece quiver pieces are. That's a thought.
This is what I think it is, your limbs are flexing and working your arrow in and out of the quiver hood when you shoot! I have my 2 piece on the riser and as little as possible on the limbs, I shoot a ton of arrows and have no problem with my arrows slipping. From the pic you posted in another thread it looks TO ME that your hood and grip are to far onto the limbs so when you draw it moves your arrows in and out, I don't know if that makes sense or not!
Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Dominant Buck

It makes perfect sense. I'm gonna take the tape off the limbs (only sticks to itself)....reposition the quiver pieces.....and re-tape it. I ordered 2 more rolls of the stuff, today.

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

There is a quiver out there not sure makes it but i know Fred Asbel "invented" it...i am pretty sure you can get them at 3rivers archery...it is basically styled like a bow quiver with a hood and arrow holder but has a strap so you can carry it around your shoulder or whatever...My dad has one and it is really nice....