Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Bow mouted quiver..... >

Bow mouted quiver.....

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bow mouted quiver.....

Old 04-02-2008, 07:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Bow mouted quiver.....

OK....So I like the convenience of my bow mounted quiver. I also like the way my bow shoots with it on and loaded.

Probalem is.....the arrows wanna work their way out after several shots (30 or so). Any remedy for this? I wanna practice like I'm gonna shoot it.......when I'm shooting 3D and such.

Here's the kicker.....

I'd LOVE to find a better option than hunting with the quiver on there.....but I can't think of a more practical way of doing it. BAck quiver seems like a lot to keep up with and would get in the way if I was sitting in my stand. Hip quiver would get in the way, climbing AND sitting.

I also don't like the bow mounted quiver on there for weight for shooting 3D (Or I don't think I will).

If you don't use a bow mounted quiver.....and you hunt from a treestand........what do you use?

Thanks.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bow mouted quiver.....

Keep practicing with the quiver you have on Jeff if you like it as much as you say you do. In time your arrows will go where there suppose to. Just remember your arrows aren't always going to hit where your intending them to shooting these traditional bows. I love shooting with a bow quiver, I shoot much better with it on and I think the reason is because of the weight of the quiver. If I were you I would practice and shoot 3-D with it exactly like you plan on shooting it while hunting. You can still use a hip quiver for 3-D but make sure your bow quiver is full of arrows like it would be when you were hunting.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Keep practicing with the quiver you have on Jeff if you like it as much as you say you do. In time your arrows will go where there suppose to.
I think you misunderstood me, Schultzy. I'm having issues with the arrows coming out of the quiver! My bad.

Here's a question that'll show ya'll how new I am to this, though......feather end "up" or "down" on bow mounted quiver? I hope I have it right.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:14 AM

Here is what I have done Jeff. I don't like shooting with a quiver on my bow either. For 3D I use a pocket quiver and for hunting I have an old detachable quiver for a compound that I have attached to my hunting pack and my arrows stay on that pack and im able to hang it within reach of me while on stand and it honestly does not get in the way when going through the woods, and I can easilly access my arrows quickly if I happen to get a shot opportunity while I have the pack on.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Dominant Buck

If I were you I would practice and shoot 3-D with it exactly like you plan on shooting it while hunting. You can still use a hip quiver for 3-D but make sure your bow quiver is full of arrows like it would be when you were hunting.
That's why I'm asking questions now, Schultzy.

PA....that's a lot of stuff. I'm trying to stay minimal......but I appreciate your intentions (helping me). I carry my bow and a stand in.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:21 AM

No problem Jeff. I have a lot of of ladder stands I hunt out of so going this route with the pack works out fine for me. What about maybe the Mini Cat quiver and attach it to your treestand as you pack in? Just a thought. Or you could put your quiver on fletching up. I've seen lots of guys who do that.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:26 AM
bigcountry

I got a cheap quiver off a compound, and put a strap of leather on the ends, and go hunting. I sure wouldn't climb in a tree stand with my bow or arrows. I pull em up.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I sure wouldn't climb in a tree stand with my bow or arrows. I pull em up.
I never have either, BC....but good catch. Thanks. I hadn't looked at it that way.

I want to make sure I have a follow up arrow if needed......REALLY handy.

So.....feathers UP in a bow mounted quiver is "OK" or is it "std"? IS there a "std"?

Thanks guys!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:32 AM

I'm assuming you have a two piecestrap on quiver or slide on like a great northern, thunderhorn, etc....

I've had the same problems as you with the arrows slipping out while shooting. They do this b/c the two individual pieces are sliding down as your bow vibrates with each shot. I take some black electrical tape and wrap it around behind each piece, enough to keep it from moving any further down the limbs...
Old 04-02-2008, 08:34 AM

So.....feathers UP in a bow mounted quiver is "OK" or is it "std"? IS there a "std"?

Thanks guys!
I have mine down, just like on a compound... I'm not sure there is a standard but everyone I've seen has the feathers down.

Quick Reply: Bow mouted quiver.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.