Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 are you non-traditional traditional ? >

are you non-traditional traditional ?

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

are you non-traditional traditional ?

Old 05-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: are you non-traditional traditional ?

Carbon shafts is as untraditional as I get with my traditionals. As for my compounds, I like technology.
Old 05-24-2006, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

My forearms are tough as steel and require no pansy, limp wristed arm guard......
Who are you calling pansy??????!!!!!!![8D]

Old 05-24-2006, 07:13 AM

I... I... Uhh... Uhh...... I was just joking man.... Uhhh.... really I was!!
Old 05-24-2006, 07:46 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

If I showed up in a loincloth, it would just make everyone nauseous!

We've got 4 more shoots at Lost Tribe (just outside Memphis) this year--you gonna' come shoot, or is you chicken? They are all on Saturday, and the Sep. shoot is their charity shoot--free food, door prizes, and raffling off a really nice td recurve and bow case--the case itself retails for $60, the bow is almost $600.

Got a real good one coming up at Tannehill State Park in two weeks--the new Howard Hill championship put on by Terry Harris--great guy, great shoot--the supper on Sat. night is worth the trip, and if you are lucky (I'm not) he gives out a gob of really nice door prizes. I'm not talking hats and bumper stickers here--bows, quivers, arrows, Coleman lanterns, etc. Great course to boot, showers right there, pretty cheap camp fees, etc. etc. etc.

If anyone needs details, let me know.

Chad
Old 05-24-2006, 09:51 AM

I wish I could make the HH shoot...... Not going to happen this year though, family obligations...... I may try to make it down there in August for the ASTB State Championship.....

I may try to slip down to Baton Rouge this weekend.... Are you going Chad?
Old 05-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

That ain't no armguard, Bob. That's an oversized forearm sheath.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

That ain't no armguard, Bob. That's an oversized forearm sheath.
LOL, I need a knife real handy to cut my safety tether strape after I fall and dangle off my tree stand.

I... I... Uhh... Uhh...... I was just joking man.... Uhhh.... really I was!!
LOL!
Old 05-24-2006, 12:36 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Can't make it to The Real Thing--really want to (would love to shoot at some of the old Wilsonville HH targets again), it's just too dang far and too close to some other biggies I have to get ready for. Down to almost nothing for inventory, and when I go that far I have to set up and at least try to make gas money. Hate to go to a shoot like that and be stuck making strings all weekend too, so......I reckon I'll miss it again. Have to makea run up to TN this weekend anyhow--bought a bunch of "Monster" targets from Kevin at Twin Oaks and didn't have any room in my truck to bring them home. Gotta take a trailer up and get them--got 9 of those suckers to haul in. The bigger ones probably weigh around 300#.

Chad
Old 05-24-2006, 12:43 PM

What is a "monster" target?
Old 05-24-2006, 02:34 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Kevin Cordell from GA makes them. The foam composition is a secret, but they are great. He makes two densities--the harder ones (packed tighter) are usually preferred by compound shooters. They are butt-ugly, kinda box shaped (hence the name "Monster"), but last and last and last. Can be shot from any side, broadheads or feild points. Pull easy too. I've had one out in the weather for at least 4 or 5 years, and still shooting it on one side. The big ones are $60--you can take a chainsaw and cut those in half if you want. I have a few $60, a few $50, and a few $40. Think one of them is the denser version. I've known Kevin for several years, and have bought targets from him almost every time I see him--mainly because when I got home with them, someone wanted it and I'd sell it. He usually sells out when he sets up, often the first day.

Anyhow, he pulled his back out (loading the truck, I think) and wanted to go back home Saturday rather than stay for Sunday and try to sell out, so I bought what he had left. I got a little bit of a discount for taking the whole bunch, but driving back up to TN to get them is going to eat that (never been accused of thinking ahead). I've got a couple sold already, and plan on hauling the rest to shoots with me--I'll sell them at cost. Not the prettiest target I ever shot, but one of the best bargains I've found in something to shoot at.

Chad