Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Not much to do with Traditional. >

Not much to do with Traditional.

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Not much to do with Traditional.

Old 04-30-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Not much to do with Traditional.

I know this has nothing to do with Traditional shoting but it has to do with the woods, and they are one in the same. Today was the opener of Trout season in my neck of the woods, so some new water opened up for fishing. We managed to get there by 7 or so (not the time I planed to get there) and lets just say we wernt the first ones there. I ran into a kid who fishes the river alot, I knew he had been there since way befor light so I crosed the river to get a report. As I crossed I noticed that he was alittle on edge. I asked him how he was doing and he mombled "2 fish". I asked him whats wrong and he said you wont baleve me if I tell ya, I said tell me any ways. Well he got to the river at about 5 and fished alittle but with no light it was hard to cast. He figured he would wait till sun rise before he started fishing, so he dicided to tack a quick nap. He said he was only out for maby one half hour, as he is getting his barings back his eyes come into focus and no more that 15 feet (I would say it was more like 25ft) on a small outcroping is a wolf, sitting on it honches looking directly at him. He spring to his feet and starts screaming his head off (he is only like 16 or 17). The wolf he said, in no hurry gets up and slowly slips back into the woods. Now I dont beleve much of the stuf I hear out of the north wood but if you could have seen the look on this kids face you would have beleved it for sure. This is the area that I bow hunt and my house is no more that 2 miles away, so you can see why I was so interested. Has anyone ever herd of wolves being that brave with humans.

If you guys dont want me to post any mor stuf like this just let me know, I just thought it was a great opening day story, and I am glad it wasnt me.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Not much to do with Traditional.

Don't know about wolves. We don't have many around here, and what we do have are the red Mexican wolves. But I've seen coyotes act that way, sometimes. I reckon the wolf thought he'd found an easy meal and was disappointed that his intended breakfast wasn't quite dead after all.