Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Blazer vanes

Old 03-04-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Blazer vanes

After reading some positive reviews on the net and on a recomendation from the local pro shop owner,I decided to give em a try.First thing my son said when I fletched em up last nite was"damn those things are small,that can't work with a broadhead".

Well I shot em today and I was impressed.My setup is a 03 patriot 63# 27.5" draw,Whisker bisquit rest(yeah,yeah I know it looks like a paint brush)Beman ICS 400's at 28" with a 125 grain point.Field points flew good naturally,but they seem to have less drop at 30-40 yds.

Now for the acid test.Since my bh target is toast and all I have is a bag target,I dug out some 2 blade magnus.Actual weight 129 grains.These are the regular magnus with glue on adapters not stingers.The first shot at 20 yds looked good,of course it was hard to tell since the magnus blew thru both of the bag targets I had set up.Backed up to 30 yds and the arrow again blew thru the target.Man this patriot slings an arrow ,but I got a good look and the arrow was dead center with a fp group.Now this is at 30yds with a 2 blade glue on adapter bh.Arrow flight looked good.When I get a bh target I'll do a little more thorough testing,but I was very impressed.

I have decided to give the new wacking basket a try and these vanes were recomeded to hold up well.So far so good.

CB
Old 03-04-2005, 10:18 AM

Default RE: Blazer vanes

Yep they fly real good but what I like about them is how quiet they are in flight.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:51 PM

Here are some of the Blazers I abused last night. This should be a good representation as to how accurate and tough they are.

Old 03-04-2005, 07:40 PM

PA did you fletch those blazers with a straight or helical clamp?Looks like a good bit of twist there.I used a straight clamp an put maximum off set on mine.

CB
Old 03-04-2005, 08:18 PM

Cajun,
I used a right Helical on my Jo-Jan Multi-fletcher, and as you can see some great results. I won't be shooting like this all the time I was just making sure my pins were on and was correcting some form issues. There will be alot more single spot shooting for me now.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:50 PM

Finally picked up a broadhead target and did a little shooting today.It was very windy so I only went back to 25 yds.The arrows flew well,no obvious fishtalling or bad flight and they grouped right with my field points.I was shooting 125 grain T heads on bemman ics 400's.

When I did my part I was slapping arrows and did bust one nock

I did find that the wisker bisquit is leaving a black mark on the fletchings.It may be because my rest is cocked forward slightly.I plan to square it up and see if it clears up.I thought the new bisquits had eliminated this problem.

CB
Old 03-07-2005, 10:11 PM

I think I'll give these blazers a try.